• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami lineman Jose choosing between USF, UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

February 01, 2010

Miami lineman Jose between USF, UCF

Miami Central lineman Jose Jose has been committed to USF, but took a visit this weekend to Central Florida, where five of his high school teammates are already set to sign, according to his coach.

"He's between South Florida and Central, caught in the middle," Central coach Telley Lockett said Monday. "If it was up to me and I was a betting man, I'd still say South Florida. He really liked his visit and everything there."

Jose was scheduled to play Saturday in the "Team USA vs. The World" showcase game in Fort Lauderdale, which was shown on NFL Network, but Lockett said Jose was sick and the game's organizers, fearing he had strep throat, didn't want him getting other players sick, so he didn't play. Instead, Lockett said he visited UCF, which already has commitments from Central QB Jeffrey Godfrey, WR Josh Reese, DB Jamar McClain, DL LeBrandon Richardson and RB Brandon Gainer.

Posted by Greg Auman at 09:12:48 AM on February 1, 2010 in Football , Recruiting | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/02/miami-lineman-jose-between-usf-ucf.html#comments

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

i doubt the staff cares much....he's 6-2 335lbs or bigger, and is a high risk, high reward guy.  They've got needs in other places and if he chooses to come then great, if he does not--oh well.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If he keeps his weight down then he can  be a mauler.  Where he is now, rumored 350+ is not a good place.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I read a story that his weight is down to 330. And please what bigger need then o-line the Bulls have???

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He also played defense in HS. So, there is some conjecture that he could switch sides, especially if we don't land Chandler in this class. Our old staff LOVED this guy.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

His lateral quickness leaves something to be desired.  Don't see the move to defense.

If he is down to 330 then great.  Not what I heard, but I don't read the kid's scale in the morning.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Terrence Cody turned out alright...

Except he is about the same weight at 6'5"

Archived