• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami lineman Jose choosing between USF, UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

We are in need of o-linemen. As we are changing into a run first, play action pass type of team. With Gunsby as a Holtz committ. We might be more under thhe center. They said he's great at ball fakes. And you can't play action pass without a good run game. The line have been giving up too many sacks the past 2-3 seasons. Giving up too much penatration on run plays. They need serious help there.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Terrence Cody turned out alright...

Our staff LOVED him too.  ;D

We were one of his favorites.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

His lateral quickness leaves something to be desired.  Don't see the move to defense.

If he is down to 330 then great.  Not what I heard, but I don't read the kid's scale in the morning.

bingo.  Josex2, is a high risk, high reward kind of guy.  THe staff may not be interested in over-pursuing for this right now.  Meaning he's just as likely as being a kid that shows up in August weighing 360lbs as 320lbs.  His mobility is in question too, UT didn't care at all about the loss.

I think given all the dead-weight the staff is going to have to cut over the next 12 months, including a few at OL, they may ask Jose to come, but not quit beg or lose sleep over this one.  One less headache they have to endure.

I posted this link previously in the OL thread. It's from last year and talks about Jose playing on both sides of the ball. He also played varsity BB. He just needs the proper diet and training:

http://usf.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=858469

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Just to update -- HS coach has talked to Gainer, now says he did not commit to UCF. Still choosing between UCF, USF, UNC, Kentucky.

Just to update -- HS coach has talked to Gainer, now says he did not commit to UCF. Still choosing between UCF, USF, UNC, Kentucky.

Did he ever take an official visit to USF? Why would we now even consider another RB, if we just dropped A Bellamy? Doesn't make sense to me.

Guest samdiaz

Greg

Do you think usf has a legitimate shot with gainer? That would be absolutely huge. I know he was leaning to usf when godfrey committed, but obviously that changed when godfrey decommited. With the bernard and turner committing the last few days, unc is definitely out. Is usf now in hot pursuit of gainer?

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Did he ever take an official visit to USF? Why would we now even consider another RB, if we just dropped A Bellamy? Doesn't make sense to me.

can he play wr?

Guest samdiaz

I don't believe powell has qualified yet, but I could be wrong. So that leaves only one hs commit shaw with a juco hayes that would be gone by the time gainer has the position all to himself his redshirt soph year barring any future recruits.

Archived