• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller is the savior of USF football

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

When we win the Big East within the next 2 years we have Joel to Thank. The best thing to happen to the program was theblockJoel missed to fire Leavitt up.

Now we have a real coach, and a chance to advance as a program.

With Jimmy we were going nowhere.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

When we win the Big East within the next 2 years we have Joel to Thank. The best thing to happen to the program was theblockJoel missed to fire Leavitt up.

It's always fun to speculate like that.  Let's hope you're right and Holtz can do some good thing for USF in the next two years.

The rest of your stuff is just bitterness because Miami put a beat down on you.  :)

If Holtz does not win the Big East in two years, this thread will be here for you to enjoy with your crow.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

When we win the Big East within the next 2 years

With your extraordinary record of being wrong on 90% of your sports predictions, I wish you would have said "If we win the Big East within the next 2 years" ..

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

It's always fun to speculate like that.  Let's hope you're right and Holtz can do some good thing for USF in the next two years.

The rest of your stuff is just bitterness because Miami put a beat down on you.  :)

If Holtz does not win the Big East in two years, this thread will be here for you to enjoy with your crow.

Hopefully we will win the BE, so all of you Leavitt apologists will also be eating a pretty healthy serving of crow...

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Hopefully we will win the BE, so all of you Leavitt apologists will also be eating a pretty healthy serving of crow...

Did I miss the point where Brad predicted USF would not win the Big East? I'm sure Brad would be absolutely ecstatic to see Skip Holtz lead USF to a Big East title. That won't suddenly make the university's handling of this mess professional or Joel Miller's behavior appropriate (or Leavitt's, for that matter).

The only reason conference titles are relevant to this particular thread is because the first post said the whole disgraceful ordeal will be justified in the end by conference titles, and that of course is a stupid argument.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Not sure what your definition of a Leavitt "apologist" is but there are some of us who thought CJL should have a couple more years to get the team where we all wanted it .... If we do win the BE the next couple of years, there won't be eating of any crow, just celebrating ...

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i dont think holtz will win the BE next season.

i'd love to see it but who knows.

CJL would have coached out the rest of his contract had this whole situation not went down.

CJL will get nothing from USF and there will be no suits between CJL/Miller. Just a guess :P

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

The only reason conference titles are relevant to this particular thread is because the first post said the whole disgraceful ordeal will be justified in the end by conference titles, and that of course is a stupid argument.

Would you expect anything but inane arguments from him or others who think like that.  I have no problem in anyone saying that we have a better coach and that we are destined to bigger things.  I am inclined to agree. My problem is with those who say that this whole ordeal was good or that any Leavitt supporters (or non supporters like me who questioned the sources of this whole thing as well as their motivations) will eat crow when USF wins the Big East. That seems absurd. I do not know about these other guys but I graduated form the University of South Florida not the university of (insert coach Leavitt or any other coach). I will continue to root for the Bulls and do not hope for bad things because the end justifies the means.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Did I miss the point where Brad predicted USF would not win the Big East? I'm sure Brad would be absolutely ecstatic to see Skip Holtz lead USF to a Big East title. That won't suddenly make the university's handling of this mess professional or Joel Miller's behavior appropriate (or Leavitt's, for that matter).

Thanks for stepping in gobulls83, but we all know what we're dealing with here.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

They will just say that Holtz won the BE with Leavitt's team, just like people said Gruden won the Superbowl with Dungy's team.  ;D