• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jamaal Montague WR on visit likely a lock for USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Just watched his 7 on 7 film and he is a good looking kid. Here's a quote from one of his games this year. BTW he scored 18 TD's on the season.

"Powell received early recruiting interest from multiple SEC and ACC schools before selecting USF. At 6-1, 205 pounds, Powell is a bruising back who also possesses better than average speed.

Howard said Columbia utilized Powell as their “Super Back,†meaning he was called upon to run the ball, catch the ball and block.

“He has that combination of power and speed that makes him lethal,†Howard said. “He has great hands. That’s one thing that’s really special about him. He’s big-time receiver.â€

On Nov. 7 against Wolfson, Montague had about as good a game as a receiver can have, catching four touchdown passes on Columbia’s first four plays from scrimmage.

The scores covered 40, 70, 38, and 57 yards.

“The first one I expected,†Howard said. “The second one, I smiled. The third one, I started to go into shock. We went for it the fourth time and got it again.â€

Powell also rushed for three touchdowns in that game."

Chuck King from FAU Owls paper.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The question, I gather, is not whether he signs or how good he is, but whether he qualifies. And, no, I didn't have access to his HS transcipts, so don't ask.  ;D

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

is the story about Jamaal or Tiger?

The question, I gather, is not whether he signs or how good he is, but whether he qualifies. And, no, I didn't have access to his HS transcipts, so don't ask.  ;D

Well CSH met with the academic crew on Friday and the kid got dinner on Friday night, It may be a good sign.

Well CSH met with the academic crew on Friday and the kid got dinner on Friday night, It may be a good sign.

The problem is that there have been a number of verbals who apparently got through the academic committee before signng day who later did not qualify. So, although that is a "sign" it is by no means a guarantee that they aren't at risk.

Sometimes, I think the academic committee turns a blind eye if the HC tells them, "We know he isn't going to make it in this year, but we want to place him at some junior college or prep school, so that he can come back to us at a later date." That's what probably happened with Adaris Bellamy. I don't think anybody though that he would qualify initially and he didn't.

Why hasn't he been evaluated by Rivals?

Give it time. It only took them about six months to evaluate Claude Davis which they finally did yesterday after someone on this board e-mailed them.  ::)

Jamaal is going JUCO...guaranteed.  Tiger still has a shot. 

Bullspride has a sister who works at SAT I guess.

Archived