• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BRADENTON HERALD: USF withdraws Carnes offer; Kinnan incensed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

]But as far as taking his team on their annual trip to a South Florida game, he said they will be going elsewhere.

May I suggest a place?

HELLROOM.jpg

Wow what a threat.  ;D

So you are going to not go on a 1 hour drive and instead:

A) Go on a 2.5 hour drive to see crap CUSA football

B) Go on a 4 hour drive to see the Canes. There is no added cost there.

C) Go on a 3 hour drive to see the Gators but oh there aren't any tickets. You have to pay $100 bucks a person to a scalper. By the way you won't all be seated together.

I go with B but better hope it is not a night game or you have to add Hotel in there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Seriously, I have to wonder what impact this will all have on Jerrell Young, Carnes' cousin.

Already, prior to Leavitt's firing he was the most ardent Leavitt defender. He claimed he might transfer which would be stupid, since he is more or less a starting safety at a BCS school.

I would think he would have a problem with Holtz now since he pulled his cousin's schollie. 

• Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Skip did the right thing. The whole recruiting process is a two way street and these "hot shot" 18 year olds need to understand that. There's many fish in the sea that we have to pick from. No need for some stupid backup QB to be jerkin USF's chain. This is the kind of change we need with a new coach. CSH made Terrance Mitchell switch like it wasn't nothin. I'm excited already for next year. Who cares about Manatee High School. Ace is no loss either. Hes way too little, He'll get leveled on any given play. We'll be solid with Evan Landi at wider receiver full time. He reminds me of that guy from Notre Dame, Jeff Samardzija.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Seriously, I have to wonder what impact this will all have on Jerrell Young, Carnes' cousin.

Already, prior to Leavitt's firing he was the most ardent Leavitt defender. He claimed he might transfer which would be stupid, since he is more or less a starting safety at a BCS school.

I would think he would have a problem with Holtz now since he pulled his cousin's schollie. 

I think people think way too much.  Jerrell Young has a scholarship at a major university, close to home, and a good shot at a starting job next year.  I'm sure he'd love to have his cousin at school with him, but his cousin did not look overly interested in being a Bull.  I don't expect Young transfer before his junior year to an unknown school.  He would either have to go down to FCS, or sit out a year and only have one year left.  I think we can stop worrying about Jerrell Young.

• Content Count:  585

Can somebody tell me who actually broke this story?  If it was Alan Dell, then that means that Kinnan (or Carnes) was the person who talked to the press about the pulled scholarship.  You have to ask yourself - why would Kinnan or Carnes want to announce to the world that USF pulled his scholarship offer unless they were trying to draw attention to themselves?  Officially, USF is not allowed to discuss recruits until they sign, so it's unlikely this information came from USF.  And if Carnes (and/or Kinnan) is such an attention whore, then we're probably better off in the long run not having to deal with this...

USFFan

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Something about Carnes reminds me of Marve!

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Something about Carnes reminds me of Marve!

Good thing we pulled his schollie!

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

USF alumni in Manatee county need to send letters to the Manatee County School Board about a coach who has decided to not allow the only University with a satellite campus and a football team in the county access to their players. It will only be detrimental to the students who will miss out on scholarship opportunities.

It will all blow over once Holtz gets to visit with Kinnan one on one.  You can already sense Kinnan starting to backpedal.  No biggie.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF alumni in Manatee county need to send letters to the Manatee County School Board about a coach who has decided to not allow the only University with a satellite campus and a football team in the county access to their players. It will only be detrimental to the students who will miss out on scholarship opportunities.

It will all blow over once Holtz gets to visit with Kinnan one on one.  You can already sense Kinnan starting to backpedal.  No biggie.

Exactly.

Kinnan was just covering his ass.

He doesn't want anybody to think it was anyway HIS Fault that USF pulled the scholarship of one of his kids.

I'm sure there are many people in his area who hoped that Carnes would still play for USF even after Leavitt was fired and Canales was let go, who would be wondering if Kinnan somehow screwed this whole thing up for Carnes with USF.

• Content Count:  1,079

What the heck is he doing going up to Western Kentucky? Maybe Willie Taggert got him up there, but if you want to be a big time player and maximize your potential and have a shot at the NFL you go to the programs that have the better players and play better competition. Nebraska I don't mind but WKU, come on man... Don't mind Skip dropping him

Archived