• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Official Visit List for Big Recruiting Weekend

Guest samdiaz

Guest samdiaz

I would not be surprised if allen is indeed taking a visit now that his teammate and future boilermaker oj ross takes one also to usf this weekend just for the sake of using his official visits. He's a stud, and everyone knows we need a carlton mitchell replacment.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

just read DT Todd Chandler backed out of his visit this weekend.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

where was he going?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

where was he going?

Apparently he's not visiting anybody this weekend. He does have a visit set up with another school next week. From a post on Rivals:

He was scheduled to go to USF this weekend but he will have to cancel the visit. "I have a family situation and can't go. But USF is still there. Coach (Jim) Leavitt got fired and that really opened up my recruiting. I was very disappointed. But you can't get mad or sad because it's a business, "I am still talking with USF but I haven't talked with Skip Holtz yet. I don't know too much about him."

Larry Scott visited with him on Wed.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I believe the ACT is offered this weekend.  A lot of kids who still need scores are using taking this weekend to take their test.  Not sure if this is the deal for Chandler.

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

I believe the ACT is offered this weekend.  A lot of kids who still need scores are using taking this weekend to take their test.  Not sure if this is the deal for Chandler.

Gotta have the score to play ball...

One player who apparently visited USF this weeekend:

ESPN.com: Football 

Monday, April 20, 2009

Kloss stands out at Kohl's kicking event

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Craig Haubert

Scouts Inc.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Kicking is often an underappreciated aspect of football, until a last-second field goal is needed or field position needs to be swung with a big punt.

The special teams aspect of the game is even more overlooked in the world of recruiting. Scholarships are few and offers trickle in at a much slower pace as compared to the other positions for the majority of prospects. Landing a good kicker or punter, though, can really be a huge asset to a program. We at ESPN are giving kickers careful consideration and study in our recruiting coverage to help identify the top prospects.

On Sunday, we covered the first of several Kohl's kicking camps, one of the premier high school kicking events in the nation. This showcase at Florida State had a small group checking in at under 30 participants, but featured several prospects with BCS conference ability. It was a perfect day for kicking with cool temperatures and a slight breeze that, if anything, aided the kickers. The day was filled with instruction and competition. Here were some of the notables from the camp:

MVP

No MVP award was given, but if one was, we would have awarded it to Marvin Kloss (Naples, Fla./Barron Collier) who had an excellent all-around day. He participated only in the field goal and kickoff portions of the camp, but from the beginning to the end, Kloss was the most consistent performer. There were some kickers in attendance with stronger legs and better frames, but Kloss continually proved he could kick with the best of them. He showed good distance and height with his place-kicking and worked without a tee. In the competition portion of the camp, he won in a battle that tested distance, accuracy and the ability to get the ball up. He also finished second in a single miss elimination field goal competition. With his kickoffs, he displayed the ability to consistently get the ball near or in the end zone and combined that with good hang time, hovering around the four-second mark. He sports no offers at this time, but Kloss, who is looking at Michigan State, UConn and Iowa State among others, will surely land some over the course of the year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4082899&type=story

Another player who apparently visited this weekend was 4-star JUCO LB Lavonte David who is currently a NEBRASKA VERBAL.  ;D

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Lavonte-David-100714

Archived