• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hotels in Gainesville for USFvsUF game 9/11/2010??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

Booked a room at the Comfort Inn West in April.  It is $333 for two nights and you had to book at least 2 nights.  That's how they get you. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,277

We booked a room at the Motel 6 in Gainesville for $70/night (plus tax) and only had to book 1 night. Looks like they still have the same rate if anyone else wants to book too. You can also cancel the reservation last minute, which we could do if we instead drive up the day of the game. We probably won't decide until the game time is announced.

• Content Count:  2,558

We booked a room at the Motel 6 in Gainesville for $70/night (plus tax) and only had to book 1 night. Looks like they still have the same rate if anyone else wants to book too. You can also cancel the reservation last minute, which we could do if we instead drive up the day of the game. We probably won't decide until the game time is announced.

just booked here as well, wife didnt want to do the camping deal as she knows how we get ;) at tailgates and didnt want to drive us all the way out there

two nights came to $169.84

if you book with them tell them 1 adult it will be cheaper, I told them 4 and it was $91 a nightplus tax then I said just do 2 adults

going to to call in a few weeks and tell them one adult to see if they will lower the price

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Does anyone know about RV parking situation around the stadium?  The UF Gatorzone website says that there is a free first come first served RV parking lot behind the Hilton that opens at 6pm on Friday and closes at noon on Sundays.  I'm wondering if we decide to go the RV route if we got there right around 6 on Friday if we'd have trouble getting a spot. 

Does anyone know about RV parking situation around the stadium?  The UF Gatorzone website says that there is a free first come first served RV parking lot behind the Hilton that opens at 6pm on Friday and closes at noon on Sundays.  I'm wondering if we decide to go the RV route if we got there right around 6 on Friday if we'd have trouble getting a spot. 

If you hear more on this please post I would love to pull a toyhauler up and set it up Friday night

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

If you hear more on this please post I would love to pull a toyhauler up and set it up Friday night

Found a message board thread dealing with this:

http://www.gatortailgating.com/forum/looking-2-rv-parking-spots-uf-v-usf-game-fall-2010

Says to be there by 5:30 on Friday as the lot fills up quickly.  I guess half of the lot is first-come first-served and the other is reserved.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

So basically most Bullspenners are staying at the Gainesville Motel 6  ???

If that is the case then count me in... I will have to see if they still have rooms.

I don't know about most but we are :)

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I made the mistake of reading the reviews for the Motel 6 before booking and will be shopping around for other choices.

However I doubt there is anything else out there so I might have to bite the bullet and book anyway.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I had a crapload of Marriott Rewards points, so I was able to get the SpringHill Suites a couple of miles from the stadium for one night... free.

Archived