• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

From Sanders Facebook

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

Any problem with how he communicates is currently a non-issue.  He can click and whistle like a dolphin if that's what floats his boat.  However, when/if he signs that LOI his public persona (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) reflect on USF.  That's when it begins to matter how he presents himself.

All that said, if he comes here and averages 100 yards receiving per game he can communicate with finger paint for all I care.  Yes, it is a double standard.  Yes, I'm OK with that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  178

Say what you want, get deep about it.  I grew up in NY buddy. Where the slang and hip hop talk that comes out now I knew and was exposed to 10 years ago.  

I know exactly what he said. I also know and am around other people who speak like that on the internet or wherever, my opinion is the same, if they are of my age, older or younger are acting like idiots.   Maybe I should be concerned with his inability to have grown up yet than to his education? you could be right.

I am not saying that you are wrong.  I believe that writing like this, even among friends, leads to writing and talking like this in academic and professional settings.  I.e.  you play like you practice.  The problem is that kids/young adults speak like this with each other and they think it is cool.  In reality it makes you sound stupid even when you are smart.  The most intelligent idea in the world would be disregarded if presented in this mannor.

Guest nybullsfan

Every subculture creates their own jargon. It's a quick and easy way to identify who's "in" and who's "out"

It's no better or worse than all the "groovy's" and "far out's" from my own generation, or the "23 skiddoo" etc.of my parents' era. Some people still talk like that, but very few.

There will constantly be new cycles of jargon rising and falling in popularity. It's not anything to worry about, and certainly not something you want to go out and publicly denigrate. Just makes you look ignorant yourself when you do.

Now, if they continue to speak like that when they interface with the "corporate" world, you have to question either (1) their intelligence for not adapting, or (2) their sanity for trying to fit into the corporate world when they're really not all that interested in it.

• Content Count:  2

Ace Sanders

Bra idk what da hell ima do now.

And BUB i already kno yall up there trippin off coach leavitt....man dat ;;;; dne threw me all off...im still commin up there this weekend on a official....somebody better have some answers cause im askin questions like a b@@.

English

Brother, I do not know what the heck I am going to do now. And Back-up-*****, I already know you all are up there fretting Coach Leavitt's departure. Shucks, that threw me off a little bit. I am still making the trip there this weekend for my official visit. I sincerely hope someone has answers to many of the questions I will have.

i'm pretty sure "BUB" refers to Mistral "Ali Bubba" Raymond, who, like Ace, is from Manatee County.

don't know where you got "Back-up-B****" from.

• Content Count:  2,726

this is not a few words like "groovy" or "far out" or "23 skiddoo" or "awesome" or "cowabunga", this is a WHOLE **** CONVERSATION in nothing but slang!

What does it bring to question?  It brings to question the writers ability to even SPELL.  

Not to mention, if this kid actually talks like that, then he is going to need some serious help to eventually get a job in the REAL world.  

To me...this is just terrible.  Every time I see someone write like this I immediately cringe.  

It's just not how intelligent people talk...what AT ALL in that post could make me think he's intelligent?

And don't give me the whole, "he's learned how to speak a different language" crap.  He should have learned how to speak ENGLISH first.

ugh...people these days...

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Has it really come to stalking this dude's Facebook page? 

What's next?  Are you gonna Tweet him on your Blackberry and ask him to Flickr some photos from his iPhone when he visits? 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Ace Sanders

Bra idk what da hell ima do now.

And BUB i already kno yall up there trippin off coach leavitt....man dat ;;;; dne threw me all off...im still commin up there this weekend on a official....somebody better have some answers cause im askin questions like a b@@.

English

Brother, I do not know what the heck I am going to do now. And Back-up-*****, I already know you all are up there fretting Coach Leavitt's departure. Shucks, that threw me off a little bit. I am still making the trip there this weekend for my official visit. I sincerely hope someone has answers to many of the questions I will have.

this is really old... That was before this weekends visit. His status now says something like "had a great visit, coach holtz was cool, I got a lot of questions answered."

• Content Count:  178

this is not a few words like "groovy" or "far out" or "23 skiddoo" or "awesome" or "cowabunga", this is a WHOLE **** CONVERSATION in nothing but slang!

What does it bring to question?  It brings to question the writers ability to even SPELL.  

Not to mention, if this kid actually talks like that, then he is going to need some serious help to eventually get a job in the REAL world.  

To me...this is just terrible.  Every time I see someone write like this I immediately cringe.  

It's just not how intelligent people talk...what AT ALL in that post could make me think he's intelligent?

And don't give me the whole, "he's learned how to speak a different language" crap.  He should have learned how to speak ENGLISH first.

GO BULLS!!!

I feel sorry for you.  I know for sure that the real world does not fit into your tiny little box.

Guest nybullsfan

GO BULLS!!!

I'm guessing it wasn't intended for you or for anyone remotely associated with "corporate / academic life" so the "hip" value to an insider of using the jargon far outweighs the "understandability" value to an outsider who wasn't targeted in the first place.

As long as they know when to go back to "Standard English" when necessary, there's no problem here.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

you are all clowns!

a lot of my brothers teammates talk like this all the time and do just fine in school. They can all read,write, do math, and get good grades.

this is the internet, not an English paper

Archived