• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

From Sanders Facebook

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

some of you are showing your age.

I'm 18 and I couldn't understand some of what he said.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Just 'cause the guy writes like that on Facebook doesn't mean he writes essays, or talks like that in class.  ::)

Correct.

Here is a recent story after leavitt was fired, but before his vist this past weekend. It's quite a bit different from the character he portrays to his facebook friends:

Pair of prized area recruits shocked

By ALAN DELL Correspondent

Posted:  01/09/2010 1:23 AM

Manatee High's Brion Carnes and Ace Sanders, two of USF's most prized recruits, are seriously considering other schools following the firing of head coach Jim Leavitt on Friday.

Sanders, rated one of the top receivers in the state, said his jaw dropped when he heard Friday after a conversation with Manatee head football coach Joe Kinnan that Leavitt had been fired.

The senior then dropped USF from the top three schools he was considering, leaving South Carolina and West Virginia, where he will make official visits later this month.

"It affects me a whole bunch because coach Leavitt was a major reason I was considering USF," Sanders said. "With him gone, they are not totally out of it for me, but it moves them down. I was going to take an official visit on the 15th (of January) with Brion, but we are not sure now if we are going.

"I am going  to visit South Carolina (Jan. 22) and West Virginia on the 30th. I knew they were conducting an investigation, but I didn't think it would come down to firing him and I am a little shocked."

The first thing Sanders did when told of Leavitt's dismissal for allegedly hitting a player (Joel Miller) during the halftime of the Louisville game, was try to find his friend Carnes, the all-time career passing leader at Manatee.

"When I saw the look on his face, I could tell he knew about it and it was true," Sanders said. "Brion said he wasn't sure about his commitment anymore to USF. He had a strong bond with coach Leavitt and now that he has gone I don't know."

Carnes was the first high school player in the country in the class of 2010 to verbally commit to USF. He said after the 'Canes loss in the Class 5A state championship game that his commitment was solid.

He has an official visit planned for Nebraska and has been recruited heavily by Georgia and South Carolina among others. Friday, Clemson and Cincinnati offered Carnes a scholarship.

A verbal commitment is not binding until a player signs a letter of intent. The first day that is allowed for football is Feb. 3.

USF said recruiting coordinator and running backs coach Carl Franks will be named interim head coach until a successor is found and that it would be the new coach's decision on whether to keep the current assistants.

http://m.heraldtribune.com/ht/db_3537/contentdetail.htm;jsessionid=350B4BECAFA7086483C1D8CFAC43ACD7?contentguid=yO9LlVcu&detailindex=1&pn=0&ps=5&full=true#display

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Just 'cause the guy writes like that on Facebook doesn't mean he writes essays, or talks like that in class.  ::)

um no I write in shorthand all the time, even on here.  I usually dont use apostrophes or capital letters.  Run on sentences, etc.  But come on.  If that was my kid, he would get a swift smack in the back of the head for either being stupid or in your reasoning acting like he is stupid for whatever reason.  That **** is sad.  

• Content Count:  849

some of you are showing your age.

I'm 18 and I couldn't understand some of what he said.

Yall jus don' understan da way we talk feelme? Im not tryin tobe a pole jocker or anythin feelme? But i feel like i gotta stand up for my ni**as feelme? Datz how we do wat we do in da durrrrty durrrtty....feelme? I wanna mak it klear i aint **** ridin or anythin feelme?

hahaha That was a bit extreme and I probably could of dumbed it down some more, but my point is that I'm not an idiot (USF alum and currently enrolled in a masters program) and just for fun I speak like that with friends time to time because its hilarious.

You old timers have to realize that he's not going to be speaking like that to Coach Holtz or anyone in the media. I've seen him in an interview and he's very respectful and is not a bonehead at all. But the kids today do use slang to converse with one another, I find myself doing it amongst my friends (not to his level or what I just posted) but in a professional environment, my demeanor is quite different.

• Content Count:  2,726

Ace Sanders

Bra idk what da hell ima do now.

And BUB i already kno yall up there trippin off coach leavitt....man dat ;;;; dne threw me all off...im still commin up there this weekend on a official....somebody better have some answers cause im askin questions like a b@@.

English

Brother, I do not know what the heck I am going to do now. And Back-up-*****, I already know you all are up there fretting Coach Leavitt's departure. Shucks, that threw me off a little bit. I am still making the trip there this weekend for my official visit. I sincerely hope someone has answers to many of the questions I will have.

HAHAHA.. That just brought up memories of the Airplane movies:

Pt1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRDOp6zypbM

Pt2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfzHjoRBbVA

BEAT ME TO IT dogma.  

lol

"Cut me some slack jack!"

lol

ahahaahahahahah

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  178

um no I write in shorthand all the time, even on here.  I usually don't use apostrophes or capital letters. Run on sentences, etc. But come on. If that was my kid, he would get a swift smack in the back of the head for either being stupid or in your reasoning acting like he is stupid for whatever reason. That **** is sad.  

It is not sad, it is the way young people talk to each other. Sometimes the real world does not fit perfectly into the box people paint. The fact is that he is not your kid and did not grow up the same way your kid did.  I do not write using such significant slang but sometimes use shorthand or "internet slang;" however, my brother does. My brother also happens to be a far better writer than I am. Using "internet slang" only sounds and looks stupid to people that do not know how to use it or read it. It does not always depict how intelligent a person is or is not. It may actually make him more intelligent that some of us.  He was able to learn a socially accepted style of communication that we have not.

• Content Count:  849

um no I write in shorthand all the time, even on here.  I usually don't use apostrophes or capital letters. Run on sentences, etc. But come on. If that was my kid, he would get a swift smack in the back of the head for either being stupid or in your reasoning acting like he is stupid for whatever reason. That **** is sad.  

It is not sad, it is the way young people talk to each other. Sometimes the real world does not fit perfectly into the box people paint. The fact is that he is not your kid and did not grow up the same way your kid did.  I do not write using such significant slang but sometimes use shorthand or "internet slang;" however, my brother does. My brother also happens to be a far better writer than I am. Using "internet slang" only sounds and looks stupid to people that do not know how to use it or read it. It does not always depict how intelligent a person is or is not. It may actually make him more intelligent that some of us.  He was able to learn a socially accepted style of communication that we have not.

+1.....well said, you brought up a point I forgot to include in my previous post

• Content Count:  4,738

sometimes i worry ten years from now kids will be retarded from all of the texting shorthand

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Say what you want, get deep about it.  I grew up in NY buddy.  Where the slang and hip hop talk that comes out now I knew and was exposed to 10 years ago.  

I know exactly what he said. I also know and am around other people who speak like that on the internet or wherever, my opinion is the same, if they are of my age, older or younger are acting like idiots.   Maybe I should be concerned with his inability to have grown up yet than to his education?  you could be right.

Archived