• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

are local high school coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

happy or sad with the coaching change at usf

those that live in tampa area are in a better position to know answer to question

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i can ask wharton coaches...

i am sure they are ecstatic though

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i have seen a few quotes from local coaches who are very happy with the skip holtz hire.

i dont know if that is because they are glad it is someone new or they just think skip holtz was a good hire.

but we've got to really start to land some of these top local recruits.

1 every 4 years isnt enough.

• Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know about Holtz, I will ask on Tuesday (if they are around), but I am sure I will see them on Wednesday.

But I can tell you they are glad to see Leavitt go. Besides, I saw Coach Franks around more than anyone from USF.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think I saw on the board that has the dude everyone hates on it that the HS coaches were upset about Leavitt leaving....I guess they got that one wrong, lol. But I think it had some interviews.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Both Garcia and Kinnan said interim coach Carl Franks, who is also USF's recruiting coordinator, did a good job of staying in communication with recruits and keeping them committed to making scheduled visits. Holtz is taking over a program that has recruited almost exclusively in the state of Florida, and the coaches said recruiters who are well-known in the state would be an important part of his new staff.

"He’s got a tough job. I think the key to it is keeping Carl Franks as the recruiting coordinator," Garcia said. "That way there’s a familiar face handing the recruiting. He’s got to keep him, otherwise it would be very tough to touch base with everyone. Honestly, Carl might have more name recognition among USF recruits than Holtz does."

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/01/new-coach-holtz-must-move-fast-on-recruiting.html

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Both Garcia and Kinnan said interim coach Carl Franks, who is also USF's recruiting coordinator, did a good job of staying in communication with recruits and keeping them committed to making scheduled visits. Holtz is taking over a program that has recruited almost exclusively in the state of Florida, and the coaches said recruiters who are well-known in the state would be an important part of his new staff.

"He’s got a tough job. I think the key to it is keeping Carl Franks as the recruiting coordinator," Garcia said. "That way there’s a familiar face handing the recruiting. He’s got to keep him, otherwise it would be very tough to touch base with everyone. Honestly, Carl might have more name recognition among USF recruits than Holtz does."

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/01/new-coach-holtz-must-move-fast-on-recruiting.html

Reinforces what most of us are saying. Hope Skip gets the message. Smart for USF to reverse its initial knee jerk decision to fire everyone.

• Content Count:  16,366
  • Days Won:  43

Keep Carl Franks as he is well respected in the business. Maybe just move him out of the RBs coaching spot or something. I would say to keep most of the staff, but I know that wont be reality. It is too bad because they are great guys, but the business of coaching is cut throat. Hope they all land on their feet.

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Keeping Franks is a no-brainer, just don't let him make the call on what RBs we use  :) Also should keep the coaches who handle the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area, again a no brainer. Chico is a good recruiter but not a good OC. Really hope we scrap the spread offense, too much pressure on one player to be good.

Archived