• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nickell Robey

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Robey just informed Georgia Coach Mark Richt that he will not be signing with Georgia.

So, it's down to USF, WVU and USC.

He's on a visit to USC.

Do you have a source on this. I just posted the news elsewhere and I know I am gonna get asked. >:D

Sorry, I just got that from a WVU board. The poster didn't provide his source. I didn't check the Georgia boards, but if true they should know more about it by now. Word spreads fast.

I just searched for that and can't find it on southern Pigskin.com. It might be WVU wishful thinking

Four star super quick Nickell Robey is at Southern Cal this weekend.

Monte and Lane Kiffin from USC and Bill Stewart, Dave Johnson and Steve Dunlap from WVU have made several trips to Frostproof over the past week. With a mid week visit to USF this past week, it appears the Bulls are out of it and Robey has not met the new Tennessee staff so obviously they aren’t in the mix any longer.

For Robey it is a Southern California verses West Virginia battle. Robey will have a press conference at Frostproof on Wednesday with all the bells and whistles including two hats on the table. Word is he doesn’t have a WVU hat, take that for what it’s worth. This one is too close to call.

Lanky and long Christian Green from Tampa Catholic enters the final weekend with FSU, UF and Georgia on his mind. Green is scheduled to make his announcement on ESPN from the school and you can bet there will be lots of coaches from all three schools tuned in. Green was rumored to be an FSU lean earlier this week. Then the day later it was rumored to be a Gator lean. Meanwhile Mark Richt had a great visit with the soft spoken Green. Like many high profile recruits at this stage we believe Green hasn't made his mind up yet. Logic says he stays in state but Christian and his father Hiram Green have developed a close relationship with the Richt family. This one is way, way to close to call and do not discount Georgia.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/index.php/site/whos_going_where/

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! Ha! I inadvertently got out the part you were asking about, when when I was trying to bold it:

Four star super quick Nickell Robey is at Southern Cal this weekend. While Robey was flying to USC, his father notified Georgia’s Mark Richt that Robey will not be signing with the Bulldogs. Monte and Lane Kiffin from USC and Bill Stewart, Dave Johnson and Steve Dunlap from WVU have made several trips to Frostproof over the past week. With a mid week visit to USF this past week, it appears the Bulls are out of it and Robey has not met the new Tennessee staff so obviously they aren’t in the mix any longer.

For Robey it is a Southern California verses West Virginia battle. Robey will have a press conference at Frostproof on Wednesday with all the bells and whistles including two hats on the table. Word is he doesn’t have a WVU hat, take that for what it’s worth. This one is too close to call.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Ha! Ha! I inadvertently got out the part you were asking about, when when I was trying to bold it:

Four star super quick Nickell Robey is at Southern Cal this weekend. While Robey was flying to USC, his father notified Georgia’s Mark Richt that Robey will not be signing with the Bulldogs. Monte and Lane Kiffin from USC and Bill Stewart, Dave Johnson and Steve Dunlap from WVU have made several trips to Frostproof over the past week. With a mid week visit to USF this past week, it appears the Bulls are out of it and Robey has not met the new Tennessee staff so obviously they aren’t in the mix any longer.

Wow, great get on that story.

These kids are flying everywhere this weekend. if you wonder why UCF has so many kids visiting this weekend, it's like this. They ask "What are you doing this last weekend of recruiting? I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD" Some of these are just trips for fun at this point.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

that makes absolutely no sense

Igot it. what didn't you understand?

He's talking about the par which HE bolded. I agree with him that It didn't make any sense for them to say that right after he visited USF.

He's talking about the par which HE bolded. I agree with him that It didn't make any sense for them to say that right after he visited USF.

Yeah, that's just a Mountain Boy spouting off with wishful thoughts.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, that's just a Mountain Boy spouting off with wishful thoughts.

:ROFLMAO  That's good Bill.  That was some illiterate stuff, verses, how about versus brilliant.

Also, given how Nickell dissed the Mountaineer staff this week...I wouldn't be so cocky about it being a SC v. WVU.  Not to mentioned Peter Carroll the new legend at SC only signed 4 floridians in his day at SC.  Don't expect a kid like Nikell, who wanted to play int he SE, to be to enamored with flying to SC for 12 hours.  My guess is since the three other Floridians making the trekk with him are bound to stay in FL including Dorsey, and Chaz Green...Nikell will stay in the region too.  Not saying it's USF, but given the behind the scenes of the Nikell Robey saga anyone from WVU that would call this a SC v. WVU battle and to close to call isn't fully informed.

Signs point toward Nickell Robey reneging on UGA

5:29 pm February 1, 2010, by Chip Towers

The strange relationship between Georgia and Nickell Robey seems on the verge of ending.

The Frostproof, Fla., cornerback technically remains a Bulldogs’ commitment. But indications on Monday were that the four-star recruit was on the verge of committing elsewhere.

“To be honest I don’t know where we stand,†said Brad Metheny, who has since resigned as Robey’s coach but remains involved in his recruiting process. “No decision has been made. Nickell is goiong to meet with this family tonight and kind of go off on their own and come to an agreement. All parties should know by tonight what his decision is.â€

Robey, a 5-foot-8, 175-pound speedster, committed to Georgia on July 21 of last summer. However, he has been shaky on that commitment ever since defensive coordinator Willie Martinez was fired by the Bulldogs. Martinez recruited Robey for UGA and would have been his position coach.

Rival recruiters turned up the heat on Robey after Martinez was dismissed in early December. Defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, first while at Tennessee and now at Southern Cal, probably worked Robey the hardest. In the past two weekends, Robey took official visits to West Virginia and USC with a one-day official trip to South Florida squeezed in this past Wednesday.

New Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham and secondary coach Scott Lakatos came in for an in-home visit on Thursday. But it may be too late for the Bulldogs.

“Everybody wants a definite answer and I can’t give them one right now. Five months ago he committed to Georgia without ever visiting there. It changes with these kids like a virus. One week it’s this person and the next it’s somebody else.

Robey is not accepting phone calls while he contemplates this decision. Should he back out on Georgia he would be the third player to do so. Linebackers B.J. Butler of Kissimmee and Deon Rogers of Louisville reneged on the Bulldogs to commit to Louisville.

“I’d like to see him on the East

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/02/01/all-signs-point-toward-nickell-robeu-reneging-on-uga/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Archived