• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nickell Robey

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

#18 DB, lists WVU, USF and Tennesee as his top picks. Wonder if we can get him after the Kiffin defection. He may be a Bull with the Holtz addition.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

it is a long-shot at best

but a shot nonetheless

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

I saw Robey at the FACA All-Star Game - he earned the game MVP. The boy can play.. Despite the coaching change at UGA he is still committed.. but much softer. He is very motivated and a hard worker. His coaches at Frostproof love him... "I've been (coaching) 18 years in high school, and he's by far the best cover corner I've seen,' Metheny said."

I wish we could get him but idk where we stand really.. The subscription sites probably have some good info.

This is from January 7th.

"Meanwhile, cornerback commitment Nickell Robey from Frostproof (Fla.) High School is looking at his options after Georgia fired defensive coordinator Willie Martinez.

“He’s waiting to see what happens between now and signing day — who the secondary coach is and who the coordinator is,†said Brad Metheny, who coached Robey at Frostproof. “I guess then he’ll make his decision.â€

Robey, rated the No. 10 cornerback in the nation by Rivals.com, has already visited Tennessee and plans to visit West Virginia on Jan. 22-23.

“I still think he’s very high on Georgia, but he’s just looking at other schools just to make sure and validate what his thoughts are and go from there,†Metheny said.

Robey is being recruited by running backs coach Bryan McClendon, and Martinez also was recruiting him."

http://www.theledger.com/article/20100101/NEWS/912309976/1002

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Just about all of the Florida verbals to WVU are jumping ship now that Holliday went to MU:

January 18, 2010

WR prospect now picking Herd over WVU

Marshall coach Doc Holliday has apparently wrenched a third recruit away from former employer West Virginia, as wide receiver Darius Millines of Boynton Beach, Fla., swung his allegiance to the Thundering Herd.

By Doug Smock

Staff writer

Marshall coach Doc Holliday has apparently wrenched a third recruit away from former employer West Virginia, as wide receiver Darius Millines of Boynton Beach, Fla., swung his allegiance to the Thundering Herd.

Millines joins fellow South Floridians Travis Bell of Belle Glade and wide receiver Fred Pickett of Pahokee, as Mountaineer commitments expected to follow Holliday to Huntington. National signing day is Feb. 3.

http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/WVU/201001180619

I doubt that Robey or Sanders will sign with WVU with all these Florida players decommiting:

Bell has said that he plans on visiting USF.

Maaybe we can make a play for some of those other guys as well.

It's going to be very interesting to see what's going to happen from now to signing day.

• Content Count:  6

scouts has an update on Nickell Robey 01/26/10, im not a member, can anyone post what it says here

• Content Count:  136

scouts has an update on Nickell Robey 01/26/10, im not a member, can anyone post what it says here

I seriously hope nobody does. Scout members pay for that information. Posting it over here would be wrong and if a Scout member does do that, they should lose their membership IMO.

• Content Count:  5,241

Just tell us if he's committed or got us #1. Itll be free content in an hour if its any real news

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm not a member either, but there were a couple of other free stories today about him, which you might find helpful:

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/01/25/frostproof-ad-nickell-robey-probably-not-going-to-sign-with-georgia/

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/01/26/ten-at-10-georgia-state-nabs-one-of-its-best-recruits/

Archived