• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nickell Robey

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Indeed if we land Robey and get a solid QB backup (Gunsby, not Bennett) Carnes will be quickly forgotten!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

TRex is not a bad trade off for Carnes.   Robey is a Polk Co. kid and there has been stuff floating around that he wants to be closer to home, so we might have a shot.   USC is tough to go against, but that is a long way from home.   I'd also be worried about sanctions down the road at USC.  Still they have a top class and lots of room.   Chaz Green (Tenn Commit) is also visiting there this weekend.  

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Robey just informed Georgia Coach Mark Richt that he will not be signing with Georgia.

So, it's down to USF, WVU and USC.

He's on a visit to USC.

Do you have a source on this. I just posted the news elsewhere and I know I am gonna get asked. >:D

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Robey just informed Georgia Coach Mark Richt that he will not be signing with Georgia.

He's on a visit to USC.

Do you have a source on this. I just posted the news elsewhere and I know I am gonna get asked. >:D

Sorry, I just got that from a WVU board. The poster didn't provide his source. I didn't check the Georgia boards, but if true they should know more about it by now. Word spreads fast.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He's on a visit to USC.

Sorry, I just got that from a WVU board. The poster didn't provide his source. I didn't check the Georgia boards, but if true they should know more about it by now. Word spreads fast.

I sent you a P-M. That poster says he got it offf of southernpigskin.com

He's on a visit to USC.

I just searched for that and can't find it on southern Pigskin.com. It might be WVU wishful thinking

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

He's on a visit to USC.

I just searched for that and can't find it on southern Pigskin.com. It might be WVU wishful thinking

Even if that supposed phone call isn't confirmed, it's been pretty apparent for a while that Robey won't be playing college ball in Athens.

<a href="http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/01/25/frostproof-ad-nickell-robey-probably-not-going-to-sign-with-georgia/">Here</a> is a blog post from the Atlanta Journal Constitution from Monday:

Nickell Robey is probably not going to sign with Georgia.

That was the assessment of Frostproof High School athletics director Chuck Loveless, who spoke to the AJC on Robey’s behalf Monday afternoon.

Robey, a 5-foot-8, 175-pound cornerback, is still listed as a Georgia commitment. But he has been looking around at other schools for weeks now. He visited West Virginia this past weekend, will travel to Southern Cal next weekend and has somebody in his ear from South Florida nearly every day.

From where Loveless is sitting, it appears imminent that the dynamic two-way athlete will probably end up elsewhere.

“Georgia’s listing him as a soft commit but I don’t think he’s going to Georgia,†said Loveless, who has helped marshal Robey’s recruitment since coach Brad Metheny resigned at the end of the season. “I’m a close friend of Mark Richt from our Florida State days. But basically [Robey]  liked Coach [Willie] Martinez a lot and wanted to play for him. He told them when all that happened he was not happy with the change. You have to realize, Coach Martinez was sitting in his living room one day and was gone two days later. That’s pretty tough on a kid.â€

He's on a visit to USC.

Even if that supposed phone call isn't confirmed, it's been pretty apparent for a while that Robey won't be playing college ball in Athens.

<a href="http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/01/25/frostproof-ad-nickell-robey-probably-not-going-to-sign-with-georgia/">Here</a> is a blog post from the Atlanta Journal Constitution from Monday:

Nickell Robey is probably not going to sign with Georgia.

That was the assessment of Frostproof High School athletics director Chuck Loveless, who spoke to the AJC on Robey’s behalf Monday afternoon.

Robey, a 5-foot-8, 175-pound cornerback, is still listed as a Georgia commitment. But he has been looking around at other schools for weeks now. He visited West Virginia this past weekend, will travel to Southern Cal next weekend and has somebody in his ear from South Florida nearly every day.

From where Loveless is sitting, it appears imminent that the dynamic two-way athlete will probably end up elsewhere.

“Georgia’s listing him as a soft commit but I don’t think he’s going to Georgia,†said Loveless, who has helped marshal Robey’s recruitment since coach Brad Metheny resigned at the end of the season. “I’m a close friend of Mark Richt from our Florida State days. But basically [Robey]  liked Coach [Willie] Martinez a lot and wanted to play for him. He told them when all that happened he was not happy with the change. You have to realize, Coach Martinez was sitting in his living room one day and was gone two days later. That’s pretty tough on a kid.â€

I was just interested in the timing of it since Robey was at  USF midweek   

Archived