• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruits visiting today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

What's the latest we'll know about their current interest level? How does sites like scout.com get that? Sources? Does anyone share these same sources?  8-)

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I though they arent here untill Saturday

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

According to AM 620 some of them were at the Pep Rally...

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

They're due in at the hotel by 4:30 I believe. Dinner tonight, visit goes through Sunday.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The pay sites have reporters taliking to the recruits. Everything I have read, they are all looking forward to meeting Holtz. Carnes says he is still committed to USF when the announcement was made about Leavitt and now is saying he hopes he can meet Holtz. You can see where he is now a soft verbal and there is talk about that on the prospects board. Only 1 recruit interviewed said he didn't know much about Holtz, most seem anxious to meet him. Carnes said pre-Holtz that USF is in his top 4, but he said he may have many offers coming in this week. From what I get, the vibe, a good visit from Holtz and if USF keeps the assistant(s) he knows, I think its Franks, he will stay. He expressed concern about the status of the assistants after the Leavitt firing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,617
  • Days Won:  29

And per Greg's blog:

-- On the issue of honoring scholarships extended to recruits by Leavitt and his staff, Holtz will honor all scholarships that were extended and accepted by recruits -- the commitments are safe. Other recruits who have standing offers but have not made decisions will be re-evaluated.

Guest nobullhere

Considering the limited scholarships that are available I don't get  why we recruited at least 3 more running backs this class (especially with Ford coming back, and the ones we recruited last year), while only having one WR commitment who gets a 40 score on ESPN?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

there is more than that

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Considering the limited scholarships that are available I don't get  why we recruited at least 3 more running backs this class (especially with Ford coming back, and the ones we recruited last year), while only having one WR commitment who gets a 40 score on ESPN?

Bellamy prolly wont make it to campus, Shaw has some work to do as well which is why Hayes was added.  He looks to be a good back and has the skill set to work great in our spread offense.  As for the WR commit, Montague put up some ridiculous stats this season and was a but under the radar due to transferring and have some grade issues.  He is working hard to get the work done he needs in the classroom and if he can get here he will be a very good player for us.  Montague is far more talented than his ratings indicate its the academics that are holding him back at this point but hes trying his best to get that corrected.  

Montague's senior season stats

74 catches

1,460 yards

21 receiving touchdowns

300 yards rushing

1 Rushing TD

Archived