• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watched ESPN's documentary on UM last nite. Imagine if...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Colby DID speak with Joel but was never sought out. On top of that, Joel never asked for any type of advice. Colby came to him, they spoke... no advice given or asked for.

Which still means Colby lied to McSherlock and the Big ***** .... I wonder what else he has lied about?

myself and many others im sure have KNOWN the colby was disgruntled and HATED CJL.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Colby DID speak with Joel but was never sought out. On top of that, Joel never asked for any type of advice. Colby came to him, they spoke... no advice given or asked for.

Which still means Colby lied to McSherlock and the Big ***** .... I wonder what else he has lied about?

Right, so McMurphy the "journalist" just writes down whatever one of the liars tell him, without having it corroborated by Joel or anyone else.  Why?

How much of this most controversial piece of the article is untrue then?

"Erskin said Miller also told him when Miller went to Leavitt's office to discuss the incident on Nov. 23 that Leavitt told Miller "before you say anything, just know I am the most powerful man in the building.""

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Dennis Erikson would have struck a player in the locker room at halftime back in the late 80s or even JJ in the mid80s.  It would have been pandimonium.  Maybe even gun fire.  I still can't believe a football player would let a coach strike him in the face TWICE at halftime without knocking the crap out of the coach.  Then the players meally mouth/wishy washy about story during the investigation.  I wonder if Miller's man rocks ever dropped?

i surprised he didn't as well...

probly a combination of shock and the fact that the HC owns your future.

great documentary though

With all due respect if he thought that - he's, well, let's just say "wrong".  Everybody knows that if Leavitt hit him and he reported it, the OCS would bear his name if that's what he wanted.  Or just a stack of money.  His choice.  He would be protected and play football at USF with privilege until his eligibility expired.  The problem was he went to Colby Erskin instead of Doug Woolard.

Costly mistake.

i have told this many times...

Joel never sought out Colby Erskin. They are not friends, and have never been close. THE ENTIRE LOCKER ROOM WAS SWIRLING with who said what and who saw what. If he 'went' to Colby, why would he have been mad? Isn't that what he would have wanted?

Erskin' date=' who suffered a season-ending torn ACL in October, was not in the locker room and did not witness the incident, but told investigator Thomas Gonzalez two weeks ago what Miller told him days after the incident occurred.

"Joel told me that coach Leavitt was in his face and yelling at him for getting a penalty on a special teams play," Erskin said. "He said that Coach asked him a question about the play and Joel said he was hesitant to answer. Coach asked him the question a second time and Joel still didn't answer, so Leavitt grabbed him with one hand around Joel's neck and he slapped him twice with the other."

"Joel told me that coach Leavitt was in his face and yelling at him for getting a penalty on a special teams play," Erskin said. "He said that Coach asked him a question about the play and Joel said he was hesitant to answer. Coach asked him the question a second time and Joel still didn't answer, so Leavitt grabbed him with one hand around Joel's neck and he slapped him twice with the other."

Erskin said Miller also told him when Miller went to Leavitt's office to discuss the incident on Nov. 23 that Leavitt told Miller "before you say anything, just know I am the most powerful man in the building."

A few days after that meeting with Leavitt is when Miller asked Erskin for advice, Erskin said.

"He asked me what he thought he should do," Erskin said. "I told him to tell [athletic director] Doug Woolard everything he just told me. He was afraid that he would get kicked off the team or even if he didn't get kicked off the team that Leavitt would never play him. I told him that people that saw what happened would have his back."

This is untrue?

And lets not forget the greatest interview Deumig's had (according to him) in his career as a radio hack where Colby says the same thing about Joel coming to him for advice and practically weeps, and almost has the Big Doofus in tears, because this has cost him such a dear friendship .... I hope to God that they take questions tomorrow and someone in the media has been tipped off to what a lying **** Erskin appears to be and questions the Millers about this and the mysterious "most powerful man in the building" comment.

while this would be awesome... i have a feeling joel won't be answering many questions.

imo he will be a nervous wreck in front of TV cameras and microphones... I don't think he has EVER done anything like this.

I didn't say just Joel, I said the Millers, which means his dad, too .... Unless McClousseau totally made up the story about "the most powerful man in the building" it had to come from either Mr Miller or the good deacon since Joel didn't tell anybody that.

It is laughable to think that if he went straight to Wollard that he would have been protected in any way. Woolard KNEW about this long before the investigation, as did everyone on the football team (players and staff). Sounds like you have listened to a little too much Deumig.

Really?  That is an incredible revelation. 

joel never went to woolard if that is what you are implying...

at least not to my knowledge.

that was simply an assumption of mine because i know from multiple sources how hot of a topic it was.

What would make you think Woolard knew then, if Joel did not go to him?

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

It is laughable to think that if he went straight to Wollard that he would have been protected in any way. Woolard KNEW about this long before the investigation, as did everyone on the football team (players and staff). Sounds like you have listened to a little too much Deumig.

that was simply an assumption of mine because i know from multiple sources how hot of a topic it was.

well according to the report...the coaches were buzzing about what happened in the locker room that game.

That doesn't help with an answer.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Woolard is not a coach, as you know.

Besides, the report has been invalidated for all I care.

I trust cmhatter's info much more than McMurphy's.  Neither is perfect, but one is right more than the other.

no...but coaches also talk to people who talk to doug. 

point is....if AOL never game brett the platform to publish his story then leavitt would still probably have a job.  but if doug knew about it and only got tough after it got out to the public then he needs to go too.  there are no scapegoats in this game. 

the fans are the ones who suffer the most. 

when something like that occurs in the locker room... the AD knows about it.

various other people with the team are of the same opinion

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Right, so McMurphy the "journalist" just writes down whatever one of the liars tell him, without having it corroborated by Joel or anyone else.  Why?

Why??  .... because that's his reporting MO. Do I have to remind you about the NCAA investigation in hoops, the Jerrid Famous wanting out of his commitment and the Huggy Bear to USF "scoops" that he's spewed out without having them corroborated .... McMarple doesn't need no steenking corroborations for his 'investigations" ...

i dont really know where the most powerful thing came from...

i think it probably came from the story swirling so much and people adding their own details to it

Archived