• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watched ESPN's documentary on UM last nite. Imagine if...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

It is laughable to think that if he went straight to Wollard that he would have been protected in any way. Woolard KNEW about this long before the investigation, as did everyone on the football team (players and staff). Sounds like you have listened to a little too much Deumig.

Really?  That is an incredible revelation. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

yet you really think that USF would of just jumped down to joel's feet?  and even named a stadium after him?  (obviously that is just your love for embellishment)

Matt, It's called hyperbole, not embellishment. 

I think we have the actual answer above.  If what cmhatter says is true, he went to Woolard and Woolard did not fulfill his role as an administrator. 

I'd be very worried about that press conference tomorrow.  I don't much believe everything that comes out of Joel's mouth, but if that comes out, the proverbial you know what will hit the fan.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Dennis Erikson would have struck a player in the locker room at halftime back in the late 80s or even JJ in the mid80s.  It would have been pandimonium.  Maybe even gun fire.  I still can't believe a football player would let a coach strike him in the face TWICE at halftime without knocking the crap out of the coach.  Then the players meally mouth/wishy washy about story during the investigation.  I wonder if Miller's man rocks ever dropped?

i surprised he didn't as well...

probly a combination of shock and the fact that the HC owns your future.

He wasn't on scholarship so the only future CJL owned was a couple of years of playing special teams ... Joel owns his own future.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

triple b...future can also mean playing time.  it doesnt always mean NFL. 

maybe joel still thought that if he worked hard enough and got strong enough he would see some real time on the field and maybe have the ball in his hands once or twice.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yet you really think that USF would of just jumped down to joel's feet?  and even named a stadium after him?  (obviously that is just your love for embellishment)

Matt, It's called hyperbole, not embellishment. 

I think we have the actual answer above.  If what cmhatter says is true, he went to Woolard and Woolard did not fulfill his role as an administrator. 

I'd be very worried about that press conference tomorrow.  I don't much believe everything that comes out of Joel's mouth, but if that comes out, the proverbial you know what will hit the fan.

i agree that if joel did really go to doug with this and it is proven then doug needs to go too.  because to me that says that the only reason doug launched an investigation is because of brett.  and if that is the case then that is exactly why we need people like brett. 

however, lets wait and see what happens here.

Dennis Erikson would have struck a player in the locker room at halftime back in the late 80s or even JJ in the mid80s.  It would have been pandimonium.  Maybe even gun fire.  I still can't believe a football player would let a coach strike him in the face TWICE at halftime without knocking the crap out of the coach.  Then the players meally mouth/wishy washy about story during the investigation.  I wonder if Miller's man rocks ever dropped?

great documentary though

With all due respect if he thought that - he's, well, let's just say "wrong".  Everybody knows that if Leavitt hit him and he reported it, the OCS would bear his name if that's what he wanted.  Or just a stack of money.  His choice.  He would be protected and play football at USF with privilege until his eligibility expired.  The problem was he went to Colby Erskin instead of Doug Woolard.

Costly mistake.

i have told this many times...

Joel never sought out Colby Erskin. They are not friends, and have never been close. THE ENTIRE LOCKER ROOM WAS SWIRLING with who said what and who saw what. If he 'went' to Colby, why would he have been mad? Isn't that what he would have wanted?

Erskin' date=' who suffered a season-ending torn ACL in October, was not in the locker room and did not witness the incident, but told investigator Thomas Gonzalez two weeks ago what Miller told him days after the incident occurred.

"Joel told me that coach Leavitt was in his face and yelling at him for getting a penalty on a special teams play," Erskin said. "He said that Coach asked him a question about the play and Joel said he was hesitant to answer. Coach asked him the question a second time and Joel still didn't answer, so Leavitt grabbed him with one hand around Joel's neck and he slapped him twice with the other."

"Joel told me that coach Leavitt was in his face and yelling at him for getting a penalty on a special teams play," Erskin said. "He said that Coach asked him a question about the play and Joel said he was hesitant to answer. Coach asked him the question a second time and Joel still didn't answer, so Leavitt grabbed him with one hand around Joel's neck and he slapped him twice with the other."

Erskin said Miller also told him when Miller went to Leavitt's office to discuss the incident on Nov. 23 that Leavitt told Miller "before you say anything, just know I am the most powerful man in the building."

A few days after that meeting with Leavitt is when Miller asked Erskin for advice, Erskin said.

"He asked me what he thought he should do," Erskin said. "I told him to tell [athletic director] Doug Woolard everything he just told me. He was afraid that he would get kicked off the team or even if he didn't get kicked off the team that Leavitt would never play him. I told him that people that saw what happened would have his back."

This is untrue?

And lets not forget the greatest interview Deumig's had (according to him) in his career as a radio hack where Colby says the same thing about Joel coming to him for advice and practically weeps, and almost has the Big Doofus in tears, because this has cost him such a dear friendship .... I hope to God that they take questions tomorrow and someone in the media has been tipped off to what a lying **** Erskin appears to be and questions the Millers about this and the mysterious "most powerful man in the building" comment.

triple b...future can also mean playing time.  it doesnt always mean NFL. 

NFL?? I was talking about Joel's future in life ...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

It is laughable to think that if he went straight to Wollard that he would have been protected in any way. Woolard KNEW about this long before the investigation, as did everyone on the football team (players and staff). Sounds like you have listened to a little too much Deumig.

Really?  That is an incredible revelation. 

joel never went to woolard if that is what you are implying...

at least not to my knowledge.

that was simply an assumption of mine because i know from multiple sources how hot of a topic it was.

Colby DID speak with Joel but was never sought out. On top of that, Joel never asked for any type of advice. Colby came to him, they spoke... no advice given or asked for.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

great documentary though

With all due respect if he thought that - he's, well, let's just say "wrong".  Everybody knows that if Leavitt hit him and he reported it, the OCS would bear his name if that's what he wanted.  Or just a stack of money.  His choice.  He would be protected and play football at USF with privilege until his eligibility expired.  The problem was he went to Colby Erskin instead of Doug Woolard.

Costly mistake.

i have told this many times...

Joel never sought out Colby Erskin. They are not friends, and have never been close. THE ENTIRE LOCKER ROOM WAS SWIRLING with who said what and who saw what. If he 'went' to Colby, why would he have been mad? Isn't that what he would have wanted?

Erskin' date=' who suffered a season-ending torn ACL in October, was not in the locker room and did not witness the incident, but told investigator Thomas Gonzalez two weeks ago what Miller told him days after the incident occurred.

Erskin said Miller also told him when Miller went to Leavitt's office to discuss the incident on Nov. 23 that Leavitt told Miller "before you say anything, just know I am the most powerful man in the building."

A few days after that meeting with Leavitt is when Miller asked Erskin for advice, Erskin said.

"He asked me what he thought he should do," Erskin said. "I told him to tell [athletic director] Doug Woolard everything he just told me. He was afraid that he would get kicked off the team or even if he didn't get kicked off the team that Leavitt would never play him. I told him that people that saw what happened would have his back."

This is untrue?

And lets not forget the greatest interview Deumig's had (according to him) in his career as a radio hack where Colby says the same thing about Joel coming to him for advice and practically weeps, and almost has the Big Doofus in tears, because this has cost him such a dear friendship .... I hope to God that they take questions tomorrow and someone in the media has been tipped off to what a lying **** Erskin appears to be and questions the Millers about this and the mysterious "most powerful man in the building" comment.

while this would be awesome... i have a feeling joel won't be answering many questions.

imo he will be a nervous wreck in front of TV cameras and microphones... I don't think he has EVER done anything like this.

Colby DID speak with Joel but was never sought out. On top of that, Joel never asked for any type of advice. Colby came to him, they spoke... no advice given or asked for.

Which still means Colby lied to McSherlock and the Big Douche .... I wonder what else he has lied about?

Archived