• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Assistants you would keep.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Scott and Franks

maybe Canales and David Blackwell

Wouldn't mind Marquel sticking around too, but I am not sure that he is necessary. I also doubt that Canales would stick around after publicly making his bid for the HC position.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

tressey helped us beat fsu.  his team won the be last year.  i say kep joe.  dude knows how to stop be teams.  we had limits on offense this year.  not defense issues.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,401
  • Days Won:  10

I was suprised no one said Tresey also.  Give him a couple of years.  He showed at Cinnci that he is a good DC.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

scott, canales, blackwell.

they are best recruiters and have the best relations with players.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Rich Rachel - at least temporarily

I believe he has already been gone for a whole year. Coaching DBs at UNC.

I would keep Tressey, Blackwell, and Larry Scott.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I was suprised no one said Tresey also.  Give him a couple of years.  He showed at Cinnci that he is a good DC.

Well, at the moment there isn't a DC @ECU, because he went to FSU. The problem is that they have a secondary coach/asst head coach,  Rick Smith (FSU '71), who was was also a former DC at Cincy and would probably expect to be promoted if he comes to USF.

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smith_rick00.html

Holtz is very loyal to his assistants and that's probably why he fought so hard to not have to keep any USF coaches:

Possible Hudson successors

ECU's return to football prominence under Holtz hasn't come without the cost of losing defensive coordinator Greg Hudson to Jimbo Fisher's new staff at Florida State.

At least, we're dealing in the speculative realm with possible replacements for Hudson rather than for the head coach at the moment. Hudson's departure will be an adjustment for Holtz, personally and professionally. They were teammates at Notre Dame and Holtz is the godfather of Hudson's oldest son.

Hudson's exit creates the possibility that Ruffin McNeill could return to his alma mater. McNeill was a candidate for the head job at Texas Tech, serving well in an interim capacity in the Alamo Bowl following Mike Leach's dismissal, but the Red Raiders opted for the head coaching experience of Tommy Tuberville.

Holtz is loyal to his staff as well as ECU, which might mean a promotion from within such as secondary coach Rick Smith, who has been a defensive coordinator at Kentucky, Tulane and Cincinnati.

http://bonesville.net/Articles/AlMyatt/2010/01/011410_Myatt.htm

It will be very interesting to see how all of this plays out this weekend with 10 recruits visiting.

You can read about the entire ECU Football Coaching Staff at their official link.

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/m-footbl-coaches.html

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I would keep the following:

- Some recruiters... they have done a good job so far.

- I'd keep Tresey for now... but only if he was better then the ECU D Coord.

- Maybe Carl Franks... just take his ability away to bench Ford.

The rest I would fire...

Archived