• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Public perspective is USF is starting to look silly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

maybe its all rumors but...

We interview skip and might sign him but we dont want to fire everyone

we contact Leach but no interview

we interview Magee and McCarney

still no decision with the largest gathering of college coaches only an hour away.

???

Newsflash, believe or not most people don't care or even know what is happening with USF. And silly? The former coach has been called living in a parallel universe in regards to his wanting his job back in the middle the university looking for a new coach.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nobullhere

I don't care what people think about USF, but USF fans should care who the new coach will be since what we accomplish over the next decade; whether we go to BCS Bowl games, will depend on who we hire. People like Magee, Mc Carney, and Williams shouldn't even be on the radar screen if we are the least bit serious of becoming a prominent national program; unless they serve as assistant coaches, recruiting, or other roles within the organization. We need to get Holtz, Bowden, or Fulmer. if we don't we might be dwelling the bottom of the Big East for a long time

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Some of you are amazing.  I would rather USF take their time and make the right choice instead of rushing because they are afraid of looking silly.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly.  More like the perspective of some inpatient Message Board Junkies.  Anyone outside of Tampa really could care less at this point.  I hope this thing comes to a conclusion very soon like everyone else here, but realistically,  we are some of the very few who are actually paying great enough attention to even know about half of the things listed.  

+1

our fans are the only ones who think USF is looking bad.

most people across the country dont even realize we dont have a HC right now.  those who do are the ones who watch ESPN every day and they think that Tennessee is in a much worse position then we are.

so no one is "looking silly"

sorry.  what do you have to base that on?  i talked to a few mid-level boosters at a restruant near campus today before the bball game and we talked about dungy talking to the team.  talked about bucs fans reactions in 01 when dungy got fired.  talked about skip holtz. 

they werent overally worried.  sure, signing day is right around the corner but putting a HC in place on Monday vs next Monday isnt going to save much on the recruiting front and hiring the wrong guy right now because you are rushing would be much more damaging then just not even getting 1 recruit this year.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I don't think the public perceives us on way or another.  I seriously doubt the public cares who our next coach is.

+1

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

if you want skip holtz, why do you let him go back to NC?

He owes his players a meeting and he would have to get some things in order before moving down this way.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think the public perceives us on way or another.  I seriously doubt the public cares who our next coach is.

i agree. I don't think any non-USF people out there really care.

Not quite true. ECU and UCF fans do, lol.

They are in a different universe than anyone else.  Both have hated USF for years. :D

Archived