• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Public perspective is USF is starting to look silly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think the public perceives us on way or another.  I seriously doubt the public cares who our next coach is.

Exactly. Right now the public is on, "Wow, that Lane Kiffin is a dickhead!" USF looking for a coach is in 4-point font next to that on every Web page in America except this one.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think the public perceives us on way or another.  I seriously doubt the public cares who our next coach is.

I agree. I don't think any non-USF people out there really care.

• Content Count:  578

I don't think the public perceives us on way or another.  I seriously doubt the public cares who our next coach is.

i agree. I don't think any non-USF people out there really care.

Not quite true. ECU and UCF fans do, lol.

• Content Count:  5,241

meh Im not worried about what they think

• Content Count:  585

I feel a bit different about this.  Yes there talking a bit longer then hoped.  But isn't it common to interview more then one guy?  And didn't GA say Leach wasn't contacted?

GA is the only one saying he wasnt contacted. 

if you want skip holtz, why do you let him go back to NC?

McMurphy's said the same thing.  Does two people saying it make you feel better?  Who can say for sure whether USF did or didn't talk to Mike Leach.  Maybe they called him to ask about Ruffin McNeill.  Maybe Leach "leaked" that to see if it would prompt calls from somebody else.  It's been five days since Leavitt was dismissed.  How is that taking too long?  

Geez, I would LOVE to play poker with some of the folks on this board...

USFFan

• Content Count:  4,738

I feel a bit different about this.  Yes there talking a bit longer then hoped.  But isn't it common to interview more then one guy?  And didn't GA say Leach wasn't contacted?

GA is the only one saying he wasnt contacted. 

if you want skip holtz, why do you let him go back to NC?

McMurphy's said the same thing.  Does two people saying it make you feel better?  Who can say for sure whether USF did or didn't talk to Mike Leach.  Maybe they called him to ask about Ruffin McNeill.  Maybe Leach "leaked" that to see if it would prompt calls from somebody else.  It's been five days since Leavitt was dismissed.  How is that taking too long?  

Geez, I would LOVE to play poker with some of the folks on this board...

USFFan

this is a high stakes game and woolard is fumbling his fingers

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Silly?, no what is silly is usc getting a coach that has a mouth that won't shut up they rushed that job and will get all the headaches that go with it! No, we look very smart right now not rushing and looking for someone who really wants the job, rather than someone just using the University as a spring board.

• Content Count:  239

I've made this post before, but I'll do it again. USF only looks really silly to us or people nearby that hate USF anyway. I live in NYC and no one thinks it's crazy Leavitt was fired. No one thinks it's crazy we don't have a coach yet. I work with obsessive sports fans that read ESPN all day at work (mostly Big 10 fans) and they just casually ask what's happening.

No one even thinks Holtz was interviewed.

You know what they are talking about? How the eff Lane Kiffin is 34 and has already coached the Raiders, Vols and Trojans. They are talking about melt downs in Tennessee and that's it. Even if it delays our search, USC/UT crap has taken all the light. In my brief survey, just about every thinks USF will be better off with anyone that isn't a nutcase. (they've only seen him on the sidelines during rutgers games. turns out THAT crap makes USF look bad.

• Content Count:  1,981

Seriously, only a few people care: Our beat writers, the kid from the Oracle, the afternoon radio guys and that first time caller long time listener that called this week to talk USF football, and maybe Ron & Ian when they are not talking about overpriced Grillsmith and other b.s. Public perception is the last thing on my mind.

• Content Count:  486

What a joke we look fine.  We are interviewing people for our HC job, relax people.

Archived