• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is officially a 3 ring circus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt sitting in a law office proclaiming his innocence and vowing to get his job back.

Miller retaining Barry Cohen to do who knows what.

Amid this circus, the University is supposed to hire a coach who could theoretically be displaced if CJL were to win his court case?

WOW!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

3 rings may not be enough.

• Content Count:  12,293

i am not a lawyer but i doubt a court could order USF to give leavitt his job back.  They could force USF to pay all the money due on the contract but not displace a HC to give the position back to Leavitt.

• Content Count:  239

Guys. I know we think it is the end of the world, but I'd say that's because most of us come to this forum (which is a great tool to find news with so many people looking, thanks to those that run it) go to Greg's blog and track down every story there possibly is on the matter because our team is in limbo.

but it isn't the circus you think it is, and USF and the program isn't looking as bad as it seems. CJL's decision to swear he just wants his job back made a small splash but outsiders think that he is already crazy.

USF will get a new coach. USF will, at worst case, settle with CJL and life will go on. This isn't the center of the sports world. My boss asked me today what I thought of the Bulls getting Tuberville and he is really into sports. We just live in New York so no one really thinks it is as bad as it seems. We just happen to have front row seats. If they brought back JL, then it would be a zoo, but outside of that the program has not been irrevocably damaged.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

i am not a lawyer but i doubt a court could order USF to give leavitt his job back.  They could force USF to pay all the money due on the contract but not displace a HC to give the position back to Leavitt.

Your statement is correct.  Cannot force an employer to take back an employee, but you can be forced to pay damages and/or requirements from contract terms.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I saw the commercial that Barnum and Bailey were in town.  Maybe this is related? 

• Content Count:  4,501

I think I WILL retain an attorney because this has caused me to be unable to focus on my job and cut production.  I am dire straights.

• Content Count:  239

No kidding Dabull80. Maybe we can do a class action.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

+1

Florida is a no-fault state... the best CJL could do is get his remaining salary paid back to him in full. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

May depend on who the coach is .....

516330.jpg

Archived