• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Torrian Wilson de-commits from Stanford. USF in top 3.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Would be great if we can get him.

Luke Stampini

Key Master

Wilson is no longer committed to Stanford.

"My top 3 is Michigan, Tennesse,and USF," is the text I got from Wilson.

"From the Muck to the Keys"

Posted 8 hours ago #

http://www.soflafootball.com/fan-forum/topic.php?id=1160

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson No Longer a Cardinal

December 22, 2009 by Luke Stampini

torrianwilson1-300x291.jpg

Miami Northwestern offensive lineman Torrian Wilson made a verbal commitment to Stanford back in September. Today, six weeks until signing day, the 6-foot-4, 295-pounder opened up his recruitment with a simple text message reading, “I just decommitted from Stanford.â€

Wilson later gave a reason why he is no longer a Cardinal.

“Right now for my parents, it’s too far for them for me to go,†said Wilson. “I’m looking for a place that’s a little closer.â€

A little closer, as in Michigan, Tennessee, and USF, the three schools Wilson says are his top choices, but he is not giving an edge to any.

“That was just a top three. There is no order.â€

Right now, each of his three favorites most likely will be getting official visits in January, along with a visit to see an old Stanford assistant.

“I already went to Colorado State. I’m going to Tennessee, Michigan, Western Kentucky, and probably USF.â€

Western Kentucky is a bit of a surprise, but Willie Taggart, during his time at Stanford, was the lead recruiter for Wilson and Taggart is now the head coach for the Hilltoppers. Another surprise may have been the omission of the hometown Miami Hurricanes.

“I talked to Coach McGriff last week,†said Wilson. “He was just telling me that they are still interested and they still want me to come to their school and be part of the UM program. Right now, Miami is not really in my top right now. I just want to get away, I don’t want to be at home, and Miami is home.â€

Wilson’s plan is to delay any announcement of where he plans to sign until February 3rd.

“Signing day, I’m waiting until signing day.â€

Until then, Wilson is focused on the Under Armour All-American Game January 2nd and the practices leading up to the game.

“I feel it’s good (to play in the game), gets me prepared for college, going against the best in the nation. I just can’t wait, I’m going to be excited and I’m going to bring my all.â€

Wilson who missed much of the year with a knee injury says he is fully healthy and ready to compete on the field.

“I’m back to normal, I’m back to myself again. I’ve been doing my normal routine before I got hurt, running, sprints, back peddling, shuffling, squats, working out on it.â€

http://www.soflafootball.com/feature/wilson-no-longer-a-cardinal

Rivals ranks him 4-stars and #2 OG in the nation.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Torrian-Wilson-81842

• Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

He seems to have a very good grasp of all of this. Hopefully we can land him.. we are away from Miami, but still closer to is home than the other schools.

• Content Count:  720

Man this kid wold be a great pick-up. If we could get him and Chandler then you would have to say that we've opened up a small pipeline to MNW.

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Pipeline would be good, especially from Miami. I think we are already establishing ourselves pretty well down there with the amount of good recruits we have gotten from there

• Content Count:  2,523

If he's looking for a place where his parents can see every game, USF is the only logical choice out of those listed.  If they have regular jobs and aren't made of money, then the other places would mean they'd be lucky to see 2 games.  At USF, no reason they couldn't see every home game and a few of the away ones.  I can't see how we couldn't land this kid if "being close to home" but far enough from Miami to "get away" is the criteria.  If Stanford was on him, don't have to worry about grades which is nice!

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Stanford is a great school, but not the best choice for everybody.  I hope the kid chooses USF.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  1,633

I'll take him....We need some big nasty o-linemen and if he was going to go to Stanford, you know he'll make the grades unlike some of the dopes we've had around here lately.

Wilson's World: Chatter around practice has offensive guard Torrian Wilson slated to sign with South Florida.

Wilson admitted this week that he's fond of the Bulls, but said he's far from declaring his collegiate destination.

"I feel that USF is a school that I could commit to if that's what I choose," the 6-foot-4, 315-pound defensive tackle from Northwestern High in Miami said.

Wilson maintains he's still considering UT, Michigan, Alabama and Miami.

"Right now, I really don't have any leaders," he said. "… I'm just looking at, first, the academics. That's a big part. I'm looking at the whole school atmosphere, whether I get along with the coaches and have a good relationship. Just looking at the people and the city."

Wilson is scheduled to take an official visit to UT on Jan. 15 and Michigan on Jan. 22.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/dec/31/florida-fallout-elam-fsu/

• Content Count:  498

Why do these guys talk about committing with us but do not take visits?

Archived