• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank you Justin Palowski

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

No he wont take Duimig's spot as the BIG DOG is untouchable. He brings them the ratings because he makes up alll this crap that are just not true. What is sad is that people actually like to hear about controversy, and he just spins and twists everything to get it all blown out of proportion.

Duimig has gotten more hostile and beligerent towards his listeners in the past year, more than I have ever heard it.  Seems like something is going on at 620.  Making a point to come in on a vacation day after Justin used his time slot to defend Leavitt is just another example.

We will see.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Making a point to come in on a vacation day after Justin used his time slot to defend Leavitt is just another example.

I did find that pretty funny.  ;D

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I used to like Duemig but the more I listen the less I like Him. But I drive a car 12 hrs a day as part of my job and I love sports radio. Up here in Hernando Co. the only station with a clear signal is 620. Driving around I find spots where I can pick up 1010 but its rare. I like Ron and Ian...Derek Sharp and Justin so I listen all the time.

What gets me is Duemig talking shizz to Leavitt like he owes the press a set amount of time for questions. He mentions about 90 sec long Q & A's after practice and reporters getting pissed...oh well..I dont like the press/media either. Something happened for Leavitt to not like the press.

Everytime Duemig ever compliments it always ends with a back handed comment...after the Auburn game he talked about how terrible the game was played and so hard to watch...same with the 07 WVU game he said it was the sloppiest game he ever watched...Nothing wrong witrh criticism but after those opening comments the show was completely negative towards USF.

I wonder if Leavitt declined Duemigs interview requests but talked to Ron and Ian and that sent Duemig over the top

• Content Count:  1,204

Justin is definitely the best guy on 620.  Looking forward to him filling in for Duemig on Monday.  The guy knows football far better than Duemig does and is much more level headed. 

Loved hearing him tear apart the Leavitt accusations yesterday.  I get the feeling that he and Duemig may not be on the best of terms, but I think Derek Sharp is the program director at the station so he at least likely controls who fills in for who. 

I'd love for Duemig to be gone.  Reality is that Justin would draw strong ratings too.  620 has the best signal in the area and people like sports talk.  I think Justin would alienate fewer people and possibly draw more interest because he can put together a more balanced show.

• Content Count:  3,827

I'd love for Duemig to be gone.  Reality is that Justin would draw strong ratings too.  620 has the best signal in the area and people like sports talk.  I think Justin would alienate fewer people and possibly draw more interest because he can put together a more balanced show.

This is where I think you don't understand ratings...

Controversy = ratings. 

There's a reason that the top rated shows in almost every market is the "shock jock". ie: Bubba the Love Sponge, Howard Stern, Opie and Anthony, etc.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

right...

the best radio broadcasters can get people who hate them....

to listen to them...

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Controversy = ratings. 

There's a reason that the top rated shows in almost every market is the "shock jock". ie: Bubba the Love Sponge, Howard Stern, Opie and Anthony, etc.

Duemig being compared with Howard Stern? Since when is Stern a prevaricator? 

Justin is definitely the best guy on 620.  Looking forward to him filling in for Duemig on Monday.  The guy knows football far better than Duemig does and is much more level headed. 

Loved hearing him tear apart the Leavitt accusations yesterday.  I get the feeling that he and Duemig may not be on the best of terms, but I think Derek Sharp is the program director at the station so he at least likely controls who fills in for who. 

The only thing Duemig is good at is casting aspersions, getting to the bottom of a beer mug, and hiring a good lawyer. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Controversy = ratings. 

He said controversy = ratings. Stern and Deumig are both controversial but for different reasons ....

Controversy = ratings. 

He said controversy = ratings. Stern and Deumig are both controversial but for different reasons ....

Stern's is schtick for comedic purposes, I know.  I can understand while some would enjoy this.  Duemigs is designed to anger some and whip others into a frenzy. I am not sure why people enjoy his show and continue to listen to him, you know what you are going to get.  I know before I discovered XM radio (with music which I wanted to listen to) I tried to listen to 620, but it seemed like his show had a perpetual rain cloud over it.

Archived