• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what happens when mcmurphys players lie in investigation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

So BMM, are you saying that he could not or would not over exagerate a story?

From "CJL grabbed my pads so hard it choked me" to "hitting and choking."

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Leavitt will not be in the investigation room.  These kids will remain anonymous.  BBM I've only seen one person on this board suggest it was completely made up. Most know McMurph's ability to beg for a certain kind of story. In that way he can get "witnesses" with similar vendettas to conjur up a good story for him. If he has to embellish, he's also shown that ability before.  Has little to do with green and gold glasses. He's been wrong so many times before it's clear to see an agenda IMO.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I am not commenting on it either way. IMO in 99.9% of arguments the truth lies somewhere in between the 2 sides. I am commenting on the fact that I find it ridiculous that someone would say that BM could manipulate players, yet they could not be manipulated by peer pressure of a team , or by a coach that holds their college career in his hands.

Leavitt will not be in the investigation room.  These kids will remain anonymous.  BBM I've only seen one person on this board suggest it was completely made up. Most know McMurph's ability to beg for a certain kind of story. In that way he can get "witnesses" with similar vendettas to conjur up a good story for him. If he has to embellish, he's also shown that ability before.  Has little to do with green and gold glasses. He's been wrong so many times before it's clear to see an agenda IMO.

Bulliever, IMO there has been more than 1 poster on this board that has intimated that BM made it up, and at least one that thinks that he may not have actually spoken with anyone. Like I said above, the truth most likely lies between the 2 points. See my point about manipulation above. I know that you've played sports, and know how tight a team can be. The possibility of being manipulated is much more likely in that setting.

I'm not defending BM in any way shape or form.

• Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

I am not commenting on it either way. IMO in 99.9% of arguments the truth lies somewhere in between the 2 sides. I am commenting on the fact that I find it ridiculous that someone would say that BM could manipulate players, yet they could not be manipulated by peer pressure of a team , or by a coach that holds their college career in his hands.

Leavitt will not be in the investigation room.  These kids will remain anonymous.  BBM I've only seen one person on this board suggest it was completely made up. Most know McMurph's ability to beg for a certain kind of story. In that way he can get "witnesses" with similar vendettas to conjur up a good story for him. If he has to embellish, he's also shown that ability before.   Has little to do with green and gold glasses. He's been wrong so many times before it's clear to see an agenda IMO.

Bulliever, IMO there has been more than 1 poster on this board that has intimated that BM made it up, and at least one that thinks that he may not have actually spoken with anyone. Like I said above, the truth most likely lies between the 2 points. See my point about manipulation above. I know that you've played sports, and know how tight a team can be. The possibility of being manipulated is much more likely in that setting.

I'm not defending BM in any way shape or form.

BBM I agree with you, I do not believe Brett McMurphy conjured this story out of thin air. I believe there is some truth to the story. I also believe the truth is going to be distorted due to the "team mentality" and "coach mentality" of football, (i.e a player will stand by his teammate and player will also atnd behind their coach). I know people on this board are stongly defending Leavitt and bashing McMurphy but my concern goes to the player Joel Miller and the players who have something to say about the incident.

I know there is an investigation going on but that can be called into question since the "external expert" has a history with USF.  These students prepare all year to go out and play football for our entertainment and their pleaseure during the fall. Some earn a scholarship and others don't yet these students raise millions of dollars for the school. At minimum they should have is a voice if the feel they  are being mistreated. Unfortunately in this kind of team atmosphere the whistle blower will be the one being punished.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=67385.0

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Whatever happened to the Brett McMurphy that exposed Eddie Cardieri for the lousy coach he turned into at the end of his career at USF?  It was Brett's Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein moment in the sun.

That story was the highlight of Brett's career, and he must have blown his wad on reporting that story.

Everything he has written since that story has been a disaster.

Archived