• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what happens when mcmurphys players lie in investigation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  901
  • Days Won:  0

if they deal with him, they must have a problem with truth

what happens when they lie to keep up a story

• Content Count:  5,241

Good Question, maybe they won't lie in the investigation???

If they are lying, itll be like 70 player's words versus 5 at the most.  So if they do lie I doubt they will be seen as credible.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

if they deal with him, they must have a problem with truth

what happens when they lie to keep up a story

If the majority of the players say it's no big deal (he didn't choke & punch him) and the "victim" says the same thing, then you have to deal w/ the liars

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

what if there really aren't 5 unnamed sources/players and that was made up?  Or what if the players, if there are really any he spoke to, said that an incident occured and it was no big deal, but he blew it up into a big deal. 

Very possible that the sources do not exist, or that they did not really say that he struck Miller.

i believe he has people he has befriended on the team that are not happy with leavitt or their playing time or anything like that  some will lie for him they think its the golden ticket

these are kids relatively speaking that can be manipulated

mcmurphy tells them anonymity will protect them and duemig repeats but in the investigation anonymity goes byebye

wonder if players feel walls crumbing down 

they have to choose between mcmurphy and their team

mcmurphy needs to be investigated for his unauthorized contact and willful expoloitation of student-athletes

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

what if there really aren't 5 unnamed sources/players and that was made up?  Or what if the players, if there are really any he spoke to, said that an incident occured and it was no big deal, but he blew it up into a big deal. 

Very possible that the sources do not exist, or that they did not really say that he struck Miller.

I'm still not buying this line of reasoning about BM making stuff up on this ... He was led to believe by someone that it actually happened the way he reported it ... He just sucks at his choice of sources and doesn't go far enough investigating.

• Content Count:  12,293

I'm still not buying this line of reasoning about BM making stuff up on this ... He was led to believe by someone that it actually happened the way he reported it ... He just sucks at his choice of sources and doesn't go far enough investigating.

exactly.  brett did not just pull this story out of thin air.  someone told him something and he ran with it.

for brett's sake, he better have the conversation with miller's dad recorded.

dad is no silver bullet he was not in locker room only reporting what he was told by son or whomever

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

dad is no silver bullet he was not in locker room only reporting what he was told by son or whomever

correct, but dad is one of the only named people and he is saying this words were taken out of context. A tape of that would at least show brett wasn't lying about what dad said

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

i believe he has people he has befriended on the team that are not happy with leavitt or their playing time or anything like that  some will lie for him they think its the golden ticket

these are kids relatively speaking that can be manipulated

mcmurphy tells them anonymity will protect them and duemig repeats but in the investigation anonymity goes byebye

wonder if players feel walls crumbing down 

they have to choose between mcmurphy and their team

mcmurphy needs to be investigated for his unauthorized contact and willful expoloitation of student-athletes

So, if the kids are relatively speaking can be manipulated, they could not be manipulated by peer pressure, or by a coach that holds thier college career in his hands? You guys that are dead set that BM straight up made up the story need to read what you are posting. Kids manipulated by a writer that was fired from his position with the paper that covered the team that they play on?? Seriously, take off the green and gold glasses, and/or open your eyes. I'm sure that some on here will think that I'm not a true Bulls fan, because I have the cohones to actually see both sides of the argument and wait until the investigation is over.

Archived