• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Side note on the media handling of the Miller Story

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I was just chuckling about how they choose these pictures to include in articles.  If you need a press photo of Leavitt you can go get one at the Big East's official media outlet.  It would be this one:

[img width=200]http://thebullspen.com/images/coach_leavitt_jim.jpg

But to help sell the story and influence others they use these pictures:

Fanhouse.com

leavitt420.jpg?1260893187159

USAToday.com

leavittx.jpg

And my favorite from the Bleacher Report - they're sure to get Leavitt in a picture with Mangino!

82798098.jpg.22200.0_feature.jpg?1260834287

They also like this one at the Bleacher Report in a follow up story:

77406686.jpg.10041.0_feature.jpg?1260898783

Tribune:

15283_0925jimleavitt.jpg

Times:

TP_311598_ALLE_USF_0_98601a.JPG

You can sort of get a sense of who's reporting and who's stirring it up, huh?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

You're killing me here Brad... You're showing even less objectivity than the usual suspects on the other side of the fence that want Leavitt out of here. I've never seen Leavitt physically assault any player... so I would assume he is innocent until proven otherwise. It's not looking pretty though for him when family members are contradicting each other. And Joel Miller really does have everything to lose with USF right on his heels (we've already lost the Wharton pipeline).

• Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Terry, remember I teach at Wharton ;D. Tony Dungy, however, is coming Thursday to film a segment for the 27th NBC football show. Going to try to get in the pic. ;D 

• Content Count:  4,738

Kind of a weak effort on all the media outlets.

There are much crazier Leavitt going Psycho pics to be had.

• Content Count:  5,241

It's not looking pretty though for him when family members are contradicting each other. And Joel Miller really does have everything to lose with USF right on his heels (we've already lost the Wharton pipeline).

And none of those "family" members were in that locker room, and the victim hasnt said a word. Truth is, he has nothing to lose since he's incredibly expendable and has no NFL future.

You're killing me here Brad... You're showing even less objectivity than the usual suspects on the other side of the fence that want Leavitt out of here. I've never seen Leavitt physically assault any player... so I would assume he is innocent until proven otherwise. It's not looking pretty though for him when family members are contradicting each other. And Joel Miller really does have everything to lose with USF right on his heels (we've already lost the Wharton pipeline).

Really, how can that be?  I think he is innocent unless proven guilty and they want him fired to get out from under his contract?  On McMurphy's stories?  I'm less objective?  You too should assume he's innocent until proven otherwise - without adding a cavaet.

And I'm not sure what that has to do with pictures.  I think the pictures are funny - the one with Mangino especially, as if they talk about ways to beat up players.

I said nothing about your pal's stories, just the images chosen from an array of media outlets.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

It's not looking pretty though for him when family members are contradicting each other. And Joel Miller really does have everything to lose with USF right on his heels (we've already lost the Wharton pipeline).

And none of those "family" members were in that locker room, and the victim hasnt said a word.

The father was quoted as saying Joel spoke with him and that he was neither choked, nor struck in the face.

I didn't hear the brother's call in to the radio station yesterday, but I read them today. Not sure how credible he is for making that call.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

image is reality and leavitt created this image of a uncontrollable nut

the mangino picture is ironic in that both came from same program and both are accused of abusive behavior

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

the mangino picture is ironic in that both came from same program and both are accused of abusive behavior

Mangino was accused by several former players of abusive behavior on the verbal end. Haven't seen any formar players come out against Coach Leavitt and multiple players on this board have said they never saw and abusive behavior.

image is reality and leavitt created this image of a uncontrollable nut

:irony

Archived