• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McMurphy's Sources: South Florida Coach Jim Leavitt Struck Player

NAM37

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

CJL touched me inappropriately as well... McMurphy asked me to show him where on a Rocky doll...

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Had it been Auman...  But it was McMurphy.

Auman doesn\\\'t ask hard questions.  McMurphy has a vendetta.  our beat writers have been pretty useless all around, at least when it comes to understanding how the program is run.  Leavitt has stonewalled and been cold with media for years, and the overall net effect hasn\\\'t necessarily been positive.  the defenders will say \\\"it\\\'s none of your business what goes on behind closed doors,\\\" but as a season ticket holder and donor i\\\'m like a shareholder of a company: it IS my business.  it is also a public university.  Florida taxpayers have a right to know how students are treated at its schools.

nobody credible is digging, and the one guy who is has been known to shovel **** on a frequent basis.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Auman doesn\\\'t ask hard questions.  McMurphy has a vendetta.  our beat writers have been pretty useless all around, at least when it comes to understanding how the program is run.  Leavitt has stonewalled and been cold with media for years, and the overall net effect hasn\\\'t necessarily been positive.  the defenders will say \\\"it\\\'s none of your business what goes on behind closed doors,\\\" but as a season ticket holder and donor i\\\'m like a shareholder of a company: it IS my business.  it is also a public university.  Florida taxpayers have a right to know how students are treated at its schools.

nobody credible is digging, and the one guy who is has been known to shovel **** on a frequent basis.

I may actually agree with this, I like Brett because he digs, but it he also has some issues with USF. It would be nice to have a beatwriter that is there to report stories. IMO Greg reprts like he is in the pocket of the USF Ath. Dept. When I read his stories I will like I am reading pieces from the official site.

Again I\\\'ll call you out - where have I attacked anyone?  Show me so I can understand an attack in your terms.

come on dude. we\\\'re both grown men here. i don\\\'t need to index everything you\\\'ve said in this 30+ page thread for you. you\\\'ve spent the vast majority of your time in this thread casting aspersions, sarcastically ridiculing, and strongarming anyone and everyone who believes there may be something to this story.

the FACT is something happened in that locker room.  that is universally acknowledged. your version and your opinion is no more valid than anyone else\\\'s at this point, so where you get off being snarky with everyone who disagrees with you or who questions Leavitt is beyond me.

as for me, i\\\'ll wait for the findings of the investigation to come out before i come to any conclusions. if you valued objectivity in this forum you administrate (is it too much to expect a moderator who is moderate? lol) you\\\'d do the same.

although all things considered: seeing Leavitt bloody after headbutting players, yanking players by the shirt, onfield antics, and incidents in the locker room that leave themselves open to interpretation... it\\\'s getting old.  and it\\\'s getting old when the results on the field (someone said 17-18 in Big east Play) aren\\\'t much to speak of.

at some point there needs to be an evaluation of whether or not Leavitt\\\'s pros outweigh his cons.

this is NOT a good story any way you look at it, and the fact that a situation like this could even escalate to this level exposes problems throughout USF Athletics.  this should never have gotten to this point.  Leavitt should have got in front of the story and made things right with Joel long before McMurphy could have sniffed the story.  USF Athletics should have been on damage control before the story was allowed to fester into a scandal like this.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

BTownBull,

Seriously....what is the deal with all the \\\\'s? Why is it everytime you post something with a " or a ' it puts 3 \'s in front of it? Did you spill something on your keyboard? Am I the only one seeing this?

BTownBull,

Seriously....what is the deal with all the \\\\\\\\\'s? Why is it everytime you post something with a \" or a \' it puts 3 \\\'s in front of it? Did you spill something on your keyboard? Am I the only one seeing this?

i think my browser has problems with html or whatever encoding this forum uses.  not sure.  not a PC wiz.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Again I\\\'ll call you out - where have I attacked anyone?  Show me so I can understand an attack in your terms.

come on dude. we\\\'re both grown men here. i don\\\'t need to index everything you\\\'ve said in this 30+ page thread for you. you\\\'ve spent the vast majority of your time in this thread casting aspersions, sarcastically ridiculing, and strongarming anyone and everyone who believes there may be something to this story.

the FACT is something happened in that locker room.  that is universally acknowledged. your version and your opinion is no more valid than anyone else\\\'s at this point, so where you get off being snarky with everyone who disagrees with you or who questions Leavitt is beyond me.

as for me, i\\\'ll wait for the findings of the investigation to come out before i come to any conclusions. if you valued objectivity in this forum you administrate (is it too much to expect a moderator who is moderate? lol) you\\\'d do the same.

although all things considered: seeing Leavitt bloody after headbutting players, yanking players by the shirt, onfield antics, and incidents in the locker room that leave themselves open to interpretation... it\\\'s getting old.  and it\\\'s getting old when the results on the field (someone said 17-18 in Big east Play) aren\\\'t much to speak of.

at some point there needs to be an evaluation of whether or not Leavitt\\\'s pros outweigh his cons.

this is NOT a good story any way you look at it, and the fact that a situation like this could even escalate to this level exposes problems throughout USF Athletics.  this should never have gotten to this point.  Leavitt should have got in front of the story and made things right with Joel long before McMurphy could have sniffed the story.  USF Athletics should have been on damage control before the story was allowed to fester into a scandal like this.

\\G\\ood \An\\\swer\\  \\No \\answer\

\\Reminds\\ me of a\\ particular writin\\\g style, just\\\ a lot \\of anonymous unsource\\\d accusatio\\\n\\s (save for the backslashes)

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

How do you know that he didn't make things right?  This alleged incident took place nearly a month ago.  It happened before Thanksgiving.  Seems that Joel's dad is okay and he's said Joel is cool with Leavitt.  So maybe whatever smoothing over that needed to happen DID happen.

Maybe McMurphy heard some old news from a few people in the program about how upset Joel was immediately afterwards back during the Louisville game and he followed up with the dad, manipulating questions so he could try to turn it into a story.

The guy was calling radio shows today to try to get on and talk about it.  HE was calling.  A big story like this and you'd wait for them to call you.  He strikes me as an attention whore that tries to sensationalize things.

I do agree that Auman can be soft at times, but he also hasn't been caught in a bunch of lies or been shown to blow something way out of proportion.  What ever happened with the USF b-ball story he broke last month?  Oh yeah, USF says no investigation is happening and there's no evidence one is.

Coaches scream at players, grab face masks, and grab should pads all the time.  Something probably did happen and it was likely no different than what has happened at numerous other programs around the country. 

If incidents start coming out of the woodwork over the next several days ala Tiger Woods then maybe I change my mind, but if no one comes forward with claims and evidence of Leavitt going nuts on them then I call crap.  And if it is garbage then maybe the next time McMurphy tries to sensationalize something so he can get on ESPN.com and SI.com's front page and on the radio then maybe they'll see it for the garbage it is.  He's already the boy who cried wolf to people who have followed him for a while and he'll be that on the national circuit soon enough.

And that means if six or seven bad, drummed up stories in that he actually hits on to something real that no one will believe him unless a more trustworthy person can verify it.

Problem is that McMurphy has a vendetta.  I betcha he blames the coaches and high-ups at USF athletics for getting fired at his Trib gig.  He doesn't want to look in the mirror and see the real cause.  McMurphy is a victim in his mind of the evil coaches at USF.

I want hard evidence for any McMurphy accusations.  The father and coach coming out the day after and slamming him should give any one who wants to believe this garbage pause.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully Joel finally grew a pair and at least talked to the USF investigators. Its completely ludicrous and cowardly to let your family do the talking.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Clearly you've never been afraid of the Big Bad Wolf...

I need to get a photo shop of that.

Archived