• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Second OL commit of the weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Here is the deal with rose. If he is GOOD enough to come in and START or be a capable back up then I say bring him in. He will be ready for conference games and we all know how halfway thru every season our team gets banged up specially in the oline and we struggle. Its a no brainer to bring him in if he can produce

I agree, if they can get rose on the team go for it we need him for the conference stretch next year.

• Content Count:  326
  • Days Won:  1

saw this fellow talking with zach hermann at the awards dinner. he was talking about starting at right tackle. zach hermann tells him they have a right tackle and calls over popek . popek comes over and the kid acts like hes seen a ghost . he might be 6'3" and 225. either that or popek is huge

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Popek is 6'7" and 310.  And those might both be a tad low.  Reiter with another 40 pounds is probably headed to guard/center.  Now if he grows another 2-3 inches could become a tackle.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

These O linemen see how week we were/are on the O line and they think they can play immediately. It usually doesn't work that way.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Matt

We knew going into this season that OLine would struggle.

We had

Genus at center after being moved from defense.

Popek a RS freshmen with no starts in college

Bass a JUCO that was forcedto play out position at tackle due to lack of depth

Sims and Hine, two walk ons that ended up starting

Herrman the most experienced guy was out last 4 games

So very little if any playing experience, or time playing together

Now you have ALL of these guys back and get more time to gain weight strength.

add back ups that played like McCaskill, Estenor and RS guys like Jacques

and I think you have to expect that our Oline will be stronger and deeper next year.

I agree with you Cuban, and have been saying this all season.  We knew we had way too young of a crew on the OL, and the best thing that would come out of this season is these guys were hardened by being thrown into the fire.  I think next year these kids will come back with size, speed and knowledge.  As an ex OL guy, I always laugh at the "skill" positions moniker.  You show me a lineman today that is expected to just push forward.

As for finding the 6'4" 340 guys out of high school; they are very few and far between, fewer that QBs or any skill position, and they know it.  Why do you think the kid from Wesley Chapel was so **** cockey when we caught the academics issue.  There was a line of coached licking chops to get him on the field.  If these kids have any kind of footwork they write their own ticket.

Archived