• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New FB commit...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

Tackle from AL. His name is Eatman (sp?) and he supposedly committed to us on live national television.  The kid is huge like 6'6'' or 6'7'' and 330+. Hopefully he can play and isn't just some big slob like that one player from a few years ago from Germany, I think it was Springfield. Anyways go bulls!

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Jerome Springfield wasnt from Germany...he was a BIG guy who got homesick and left school (i think)...cant remember the german guys name but it wasnt him

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Jerome Springfield wasnt from Germany...he was a BIG guy who got homesick and left school (i think)...cant remember the german guys name but it wasnt him

I don't think that Jerome Springfield 6'8 335 left because of homesickness. He had a very good relationship with CJL and his teammates. I notice he was listed on the Florida Firecats 2008 training camp roster along with Dishon Platt and Antonio Searcy (refused to report to them). They were big time recruits who couldn't make it at USF.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/mar/15/florida-firecats-2008-training-camp-roster/

The guy from Germany was Marten Toewe 6'7 310.

We did have a 4-star DT Frank Harry 6'3 285 from La who left right right away because he was homesick.

Remember Chris DeArmas? He was a highly touted OL from Miami who also left shortly after making it on campus. He's now at a JUCO and lists USF among his favorites.

OT Thomas Edenfield 6'6 295 is another big time recruit who couldn't make it here.

December 12, 2009

Huge Alabama lineman commits to Bulls

USF picked up an oral commitment on national TV on Saturday when Quinterrius Eatmon, a 6-foot-6, 335-pound offensive lineman from Prichard, Ala., said he'll play for the Bulls during the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic, broadcast on Versus.

"He's always wanted to live in Florida," said Kerry Stevenson, Eatmon's coach at Vigor High School, not far from Mobile and about 45 minutes west of Pensacola. "He could have been close to home at Southern Miss where his family could see him play all the time, but he's had his heart set on South Florida."

Eatmon, who helped Vigor to a state championship in 2008, had offers from Louisville and Mississippi State, and Stevenson said his first choice probably would have been Auburn. "They'll probably offer him now, but he's firm with USF," he said. Asked what Eatmon's strengths are, Stevenson said he has great feet to go with his size, but also that he is a great leader.

Eatmon is rated as a three-star recruit by both Rivals.com and Scout.com -- Rivals ranks him as the No. 74 offensive tackle in the nation, while Scout has him at No. 79.

Stevenson said USF offered Eatmon this past spring, and said the lineman committed to USF without ever setting foot on campus -- he'll do that with an official visit in early January. We'll have more on USF's latest commitment as soon as we can speak with him ...

Posted by Greg Auman at 10:06:08 PM on December 12, 2009 in Football

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/12/huge-alabama-lineman-commits-to-bulls.html#comments

• Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

ok thats right i remember now... but springfield was still a big stiff

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

OT Thomas Edenfield 6'6 295 is another big time recruit who couldn't make it here.

Didn't Edenfield make it here, red shirt, get into academic problems and wind up transferring to Southern Miss? Or am I confusing him with another kid?

Didn't Edenfield make it here, red shirt, get into academic problems and wind up transferring to Southern Miss? Or am I confusing him with another kid?

He "made " it into school, but couldn't make it here as a student. He flunked out.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Edenfield couldn't stay out of the bars and it killed him in the classroom......

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Edenfield couldn't stay out of the bars and it killed him in the classroom......

He was certainly "making the grade" with the ladies...lol

n668833516_325576_6026.jpg

n668833516_325557_2800.jpg

n1107570105_30033142_8940.jpg

Archived