• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does Kelly going to ND...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

How the he'll can you even compare Kelly to Saban?

They are uncannily good coaches that only have loyalty to the all mighty dollar... it pains me to say this but look at ole Urban Meyer, he turned down ND's offers to stay with UF...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

at this point i care less about the conference.  going 7-0 in a crap conference is better than going 3-4 in the conference as it is now. glad Kelly is gone.  one less coach to outgameplan Leavitt.  i hope Cinci implodes like Louisville after Petrino left.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

They are uncannily good coaches that only have loyalty to the all mighty dollar... it pains me to say this but look at ole Urban Meyer, he turned down ND's offers to stay with UF...

urban meyer makes $4M a year. He has  2 NC and has one of the top jobs in college football. ND is not  a better job than UF.

BTW Meyer left Utah and Bowling Green for better jobs and more money. Everybody does eventually if they are a good coach. Nobody starts at the top.

BK made $240k less than Leavitt this year. He is way underpaid considering the market. Cincy can't compete with ND for salary, facilities, prestige, etc. Their budget is close to ours. We couldn't compete with ND for a coach.

ND will double or triple his current salary. weis made $2.6M+ more than Kelly this year. they are one of the best jobs in college football.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

BTown, Cincy's plan is to name Butch Jones as the new head coach. And he's good.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

urban meyer makes $4M a year. He has  2 NC and has one of the top jobs in college football. ND is not  a better job than UF.

BTW Meyer left Utah and Bowling Green for better jobs and more money. Everybody does eventually if they are a good coach. Nobody starts at the top.

BK made $240k less than Leavitt this year. He is way underpaid considering the market. Cincy can't compete with ND for salary, facilities, prestige, etc. Their budget is close to ours. We couldn't compete with ND for a coach.

ND will double or triple his current salary. weis made $2.6M+ more than Kelly this year. they are one of the best jobs in college football.

Its still about money... he has no loyalty and could had built a great program at Cincy... my point is there are no Bowden's left (great coaches) that will stay with one team and build them into a powerhouse... instead they will follow the dollar and it cheapens the sport.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Leaving Cincy for ND is a no-brainer.  To say it is a simple money grab is ludicrous.  It is common knowledge that Kelly turned down the job at Washington last year.

Reasons besides salary why you run (don't walk) to ND from Cincy:

1.  Top notch facilities at ND (Cincy stadium is a cute, tiny dump where the Bearcats play AND practice);

2.  Prestige (NBC contract at ND while as recent as 2007 Cincy newspapers sent nobody to BE Football meetings in RI);

3.  Ability to be a finalist with any recruit in the country;

4.  Ability to play for NC with at least one loss (as opposed to going 12-0 at Cincy and getting the Sugar Bowl).

The huge raise is surely awesome, but you are simplifying things to portray this as a money grab.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Its still about money... he has no loyalty and could had built a great program at Cincy... my point is there are no Bowden's left (great coaches) that will stay with one team and build them into a powerhouse... instead they will follow the dollar and it cheapens the sport.

Bowden wanted to bolt to alabama early on. they didn't want him. he also left WVU after 5 years. why not stay there and build it?

what if Kelly stays at ND for 20 years? will you feel differently?

Kelly built a great program at grand valley state. he was there for 13 years. I wonder why he left. Probably because he made less than 1/40th of what he can make at ND.

I guess you think everybody should be happy with where they are in life and not try and advance their career.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Probably only a handfull of coaches in the country that would turn down ND.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Dixie,

Kelly left to take one of the best jobs in the country...it would borderline impossible to sustain long term nationally top level succes. At Cincy.

Trust me on this one.

Guest nybullsfan

for a boston boy with a name like brian kelly?

notre dame is >>the<< dream job.

kelly will never leave, they will have to take him out of there in a casket (f he doesnt get fired, that is)

Archived