• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2010 OOC SCHEDULE

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Yes

Home:

Stony Brook

FAU

Western Kentucky

Pitt

Rutgers

UConn

Syracuse

Away:

-Florida

-Miami

-West Virginia

-Cincinnati

-Louisville

My analysis (stupid early):

-Should beat Stony Brook, FAU, and WKU on pure talent

We should probably still beat Syracuse since it's at home, but they will be improved.

-We have a good shot to beat Louisville, though we have yet to win against them on the road. They will be dangerous, whether it's Charlie Strong or not.

-Toss up games will be Cincy, WVU, and UConn:

-Cincy will have Collaros, so we should be able to plan on him (since it's like playing against Grothe/BJ/Pat White). Cincy will return a bit on defense. If Brian Kelly is gone, our chances go up a little, but not much.

-WVU will have a new QB, and Noel Devine will probably be there for his senior year (maybe?). I think WVU's defense will be back.

-UConn's offense will likely be improved, as Edsall gets a new QB in there perhaps. Not sure if Dixon and Todman both return or not. Defense will probably be just as good still.

Doubtful:

--Pitt: loses QB and alot of key defensive players, probably some O-line too. Dion Lewis is still around, and he can make any QB look good if he's effective (making the QB more of a game manager). Wanny has finally figured out how to coach his team for the most part, and their physical style will still get to us, even at home, if we don't beef up our lines.

-Rutgers: Savage and Sanu will be better. O-line might be young though. Defense will be adequate. I think Tim Brown is a senior, he should be gone. We get them at home, but they have our number, so they stay in the 'doubtful' category until we prove we can win. PLEASE DON'T LET THIS BE A THURS NIGHT HOME GAME.

-Florida: have a better shot at winning with getting them early in the year. Brantley is more pure passer, not much of a run threat, but it may be MORE dangerous if they can establish Demps or Rainey, but just like Devine, we have shown we can shut down the non-power running game. Gators lose some key defensive guys, and their O-line might be a little younger if the Pouncey twins leave. Sounds like the obligatory September USF upset brewing.

Don't count on it:

-Miami: I just think Miami is going to be even better next year. I still don't believe that Harris is all that good, but he is similar to BJ or Grothe in that he can make plays and if he has a good game, the whole team has a good game. It will be in Miami, so if you thought RayJay was full of idiot fans...you're in for a surprise (especially since the bandwagon will be FULL if they're ranked high).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

I was actually thinking about starting a "Way too early look at 2010" thread, so I'm glad this came up. Who knows what the actual order is, so I am making some stuff up

Stony Brook - W

@ UF - W - Early in the season, new QB (and coach  8-)), why the hell not.  It's what we do.

Bye - I wish we could do a BE game in this slot and have an extra bye later.

WKU - W

FAU - W

UConn - W - We always beat them at home.

Rutgers - L - Nothing different here.

@ Louisville - L - We can't beat them at Papa Johns.

Syracuse - W

Bye

@ Cincinnati - L - They are a better team than us.

Pitt - L - I don't see us slowing down their backs.

@ Miami - L - See Cincy, Miami will most likely be better than UF next year.

@ West Virginia - W - This is the one good team in the BE that the USF coaching staff has figured out.

Overall 7-5 (3-4)

• Content Count:  2,523

Looking at that schedule, could you imagine pulling off the UF win and being undefeated going into Rutgers?  Geez, I could just see that happening, us being in the top ten and that game being on a Thursday night.  Man would that not make you want to puke your guts out as that would start the mother of all second half meltdowns with that schedule...I'm just hoping we are bowl eligible next season with us making a major move in 2010 for a good run at the Big East title...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

So which game will they give us in December again?  WVU?  Something perverse about the Big East schedule maker liking to see us in a blizzard.  It just ain't right.

• Content Count:  640

If we beat Florida I will be very nervous about October.

If we beat Florida, I won't give a **** about October ...

as much as I hate the gators, their fans, their coach, their colors, and the whole city of gainsville....

i would MUCH MUCH rather lose to the gators and win the big east.

This has pretty much been hashed out to death, with 2 distinct camps, but a win over the Gators in Gainesville would have a bigger impact on our program, now, than winning the BE ...

I disagree on that. If we beat UF and go 3-4 in the Big East next year it just solidifies our "strong start with a big win, finish like crap" status.

If on the other hand, we play UF well but lose (like we are supposed to) but bounce back and take the conference, our program goes to a BCS bowl for the first time. Who could say they saw that coming? That's more respectful than a marquee win and a crappy finish in one of the weaker BCS conferences.

• Content Count:  246

So which game will they give us in December again?  WVU?  Something perverse about the Big East schedule maker liking to see us in a blizzard.   It just ain't right.

Maybe we will have a home game?  I forgot that the ACC title game is done in Tampa and was penciling in @ WVU to end the year.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

So which game will they give us in December again?  WVU?  Something perverse about the Big East schedule maker liking to see us in a blizzard.   It just ain't right.

Maybe we will have a home game?  I forgot that the ACC title game is done in Tampa and was penciling in @ WVU to end the year.

That's right, good point.  Hopefully we get spared the inclement weather in 2010.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The Big East likes to try and backload their schedule with the 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 teams trying to match up. Some years it works, others it doesn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were playing Rutgers or Cincinnati on December 4th next year. (My marquis BE 'de facto' championship game on that day would be

Pitt or WVU v UConn).

• Content Count:  12,293

but a win over the Gators in Gainesville would have a bigger impact on our program, now, than winning the BE ...

in YOUR opinion.

I respectfully disagree with that.  OOC wins against big programs are nice but dont mean a whole helluva lot come december.  conf titles and bcs bowls is what matter.

if we beat UF but lose to Rutgers, Cincy, and Pitt again next year it doesnt mean crap.

Archived