• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will International be Lowest Attended Bowl Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Seriously, if you look at all of the other Bowl Matchups, the only game that has probably a worse geographical matchup in relation to the Bowl location is the Hawaii Bowl with SMU vs. Nevada. Last year the International had around 40,000 in attendance but they had Buffalo playing so it was virtually a Buffalo home game. The other team, UConn was about a 9 hour drive. Now you have USF (22 hour drive) with Northern Illinois (9 hour drive). From a Big East perspective, it is a shame neither Cuse (4 hours away) nor Pitt (5 hours away) could have gone there. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Without Hawai'i it might be.

We'll get about 1500 Bulls there

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I was thinking the same thing. Don't forget that the Hawaii Bowl could draw well because SMU is coached by June Jones, who was at Hawaii for a long time ...

• Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

saw this pointed out somewhere....

this is a rematch of last year......Bulls vs. Huskies  (Buffalo vs. Uconn/NIU vs. USF)

bet that's never happened in a bowl game before

• Content Count:  1,400

I would be surprised if this game does not end up being the least attended bowl game this year. I wish I could go but just not possible this year. I will be cheering from the confort of my living room.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

Put aside the distance, etc, most Floridians will have to buy an entire wardrobe just to go there.  You can't just put on a heavy jacket and go out.  If you are outside for more than 5 minutes, you'll lose any body part (fingers, ears, nose, etc.) to frostbite.  If you think it was nasty at the UConn game, it's a whole different planet up there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

We appear to be in agreement on 500 and NIU fans on their forum are predicting 600.  Ouch!  400 locals and the attendance will be 1500 strong.  Who's idea was it to put a U.S. college bowl game in another country?

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

We appear to be in agreement on 500 and NIU fans on their forum are predicting 600.  Ouch!  400 locals and the attendance will be 1500 strong.  Who's idea was it to put a U.S. college bowl game in another country?

Well if that is the case then the question should be "Will the International Bowl be the Lowest Attended Bowl Game......EVER?!?"

Archived