• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 Senior Class - Key Losses

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Allen and Wilson are the only players that were productive this year that will be tough to replace.

Daniels already replaced Grothe.

If he hadn't been hurt for most of the year Hester would have been at the top of list.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Allen and Wilson are the only players that were productive this year that will be tough to replace.

Daniels already replaced Grothe.

If he hadn't been hurt for most of the year Hester would have been at the top of list.

Didn't think about that Hester had like 6 catches this year.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Bedford will be the starter opposite JPP. The Wilson loss could be big. I remember like 3 games where it seemed he was the only one tackling. Hester would have been big, but his injury didn't let him develop chemistry with Daniels. If Matt is the qb, Hester would have had a better year since Grothe LOVES throwing it to him and trusts him.

Disappointed with our 2 time all american.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I see three, Kion Wilson, Nate Allen and Jessie Hester. Other than that they are all easily replaceable, and don't get me started about no show Selvie...

Giddens should be a instant upgrade over Selvie.

That is ludicrous.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

BTW, I really enjoyed watching Theo Wilson he had good hands and a playing style where his talent was trumped by his burning desire to contribute. . . . . . always fun to watch.

Obviously, he is not a big loss (his action was limited), but I just had to say that before his time at USF ends.

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with nate allen, kion being the big loss out of this class. Hopefully the selvie loss won't be a biggie but can't tell until next fall. Also going to miss hester and theo

• Content Count:  1,985

I think you will see Selvie is a bigger loss than anyone imagines.  Whereas we did not see the big TFL that he had two years ago he was still productive in pushing the run inside, problem was we had nobody inside to stop it. 

I think Alverado had his moments too, good and bad.  That kid can kick the air out of a ball, then next time out shanks the clown shows up.  But, who is our new punter?

• Content Count:  403

Selvie could've benefitted from a good DT.  Wasn't Richard Clebert a senior DT when Selvie had his great sophomore season??  Could be a coincidence.

Cptkid,

You are right. He had Clebert at DT getting doubled and he had McCarney as Dline coach. Look at how good UFs Dline has been since McCarney has been there.

Not to take away from Patrick he is a good recruiter, but I am unsure of how good of a coach he is.

Franks is also a good recruiter, but I know he is a horrible coach.

Archived