• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I blame ESPN for USF football's "demise"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

If ESPN never scheduled USF for any Thursday night games.

If ESPN never helped USF get Miami on the schedule.

If ESPN never mentioned USF on the airwaves.

Then we would have lower expectations for the USF Football program. We should be happy if USF has 6-6 seasons or even has a couple of losing seasons.  Its okay, its college football. I say we as USF fans and almuni should just lower our standards and blame ESPN for any misaligned expectations we have about the USF football program.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I blame ESPN for our Thursday night screw ups... we have never won a Thursday night game and yet those bastards keep making us play two a season.

As for Miami I blame Canales... our defense did a better job at shutting down Miami then FSU did... the problem was that our offense was limp and had no plan ready to score.

• Content Count:  14,414
  • Days Won:  13

What 'demise'? We have been going to bowl games for several years now. We get some lime light games on ESPN. We are a baby program. We are better then we should be, just ask any Vandy, Duke, Rice, UCF or Temple fan, they would LOVE to be on in Prime Time. When was the Men's Basketball program on in Prime Time?????????????????????????????????

What 'demise'? We have been going to bowl games for several years now. We get some lime light games on ESPN. We are a baby program. We are better then we should be, just ask any Vandy, Duke, Rice, UCF or Temple fan, they would LOVE to be on in Prime Time. When was the Men's Basketball program on in Prime Time?????????????????????????????????

You made my point exactly we should classify the USF football program on the same level of Vandy, Duke, Rice and Temple.  I think anything above a .500 season with wins over I-AA teams should be classified as a good if not great season.

• Content Count:  14,414
  • Days Won:  13

You made my point exactly we should classify the USF football program on the same level of Vandy, Duke, Rice and Temple.  I think anything above a .500 season with wins over I-AA teams should be classified as a good if not great season.

Then you missed my point. USF has a better program then those schools and they look at USF with envy. Those are schools that RARELY have a winning season or go to bowl games. USF usually goes to bowl games and has a winning season. Is USF a national powerhouse? No. Heading in the right direction? How can you think they aren't?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Then you missed my point. USF has a better program then those schools and they look at USF with envy. Those are schools that RARELY have a winning season or go to bowl games. USF usually goes to bowl games and has a winning season. Is USF a national powerhouse? No. Heading in the right direction? How can you think they aren't?

Because anything less than a 10 win season and a Big East championship means we are regressing.  Don't you know that?  Because every team that has a new freshman QB, new coordinators, and star receiver injured should be able to win every single game.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Because anything less than a 10 win season and a Big East championship means we are regressing.  Don't you know that?  Because every team that has a new freshman QB, new coordinators, and star receiver injured should be able to win every single game.

i dont think it is about the fact that we lose... it is the manner in which the team loses.

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

No, actually I would classify USF with the other 23 BCS schools that have had 5 straight winning seasons.  You know the Ohio States, Texas, etc...

And pray tell me when was USF's last 6-6 or losing season was?  Oh yeah, several years ago.  Nice made up arguement.  When you have to make stuff up, you know you've lost the battle already.....lol

Translation:

I have no arguement except to rant like a 15 year girl because I can't have my brand new car from Daddy now.  

• Content Count:  246

I blame ESPN for our Thursday night screw ups... we have never won a Thursday night game and yet those bastards keep making us play two a season.

As for Miami I blame Canales... our defense did a better job at shutting down Miami then FSU did... the problem was that our offense was limp and had no plan ready to score.

The coaches are to blame for Thursdays as well, they don't have the team ready.

USF peaked in 2007, when we won or were competative in every game.  You can't say that about the past 2 years.  I don't expect 12-0 every year, or every 20 years.  I just like to watch the games and say, "wow, those guys sure left it all out on the field."  Win or lose.

No, actually I would classify USF with the other 23 BCS schools that have had 5 straight winning seasons.  You know the Ohio States, Texas, etc...

And pray tell me when was USF's last 6-6 or losing season was?  Oh yeah, several years ago.  Nice made up arguement.  When you have to make stuff up, you know you've lost the battle already.....lol

Translation:

I have no arguement except to rant like a 15 year girl because I can't have my brand new car from Daddy now.  

Couple of facts:

• A record above .500 is defined as a  winning season.  (Please read the post)
  • Ohio State, Texas etc is where USF wants to be. The difference between USF and those programs is UT and OSU either win or compete for their conference championship on an annual basis. Unfortunately USF has only come close once but that got Vodoo'd away.

Archived