• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Big East 2010 and Beyond.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

All of that "depth" from recruiting is mostly on the defensive side of the ball not on the offense where it mostly needed. And what is the difference between the players we have now and the 4  and 5 stars at FSU and ND? Not much.

Seems to me like there are a lot of offensive offers out this year and that we brought in a lot of offense last year as well.

It takes some time as we grow.  Let's remember that a lot of guys graduated last year and the prior year.  The young guys recruited then are now about to step to the forefront. 

Next year the OL will be a year older.  Daniels will be too.  A lot of young guys will see more time.  Looking forward to seeing Webster more often at CB.  Hoping and praying that Pierre-Paul stays.

But I think we can improve greatly.  I also think Tresey will get the defense is order in his second year as more players are even more familiar with him.  Same for Canales, especially since he can tailor the offense to Daniels next year.  He was expecting Grothe to start all year and Daniels to play a bit, but not be the starter.  Daniels will get the snaps and be asked to put in the effort as more than a backup for the first time in an offseason.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Our depth has been hampered by the attrition of players recruited from 2005-2007. I'm not sure why that isn't brought up more often.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Our depth has been hampered by the attrition of players recruited from 2005-2007. I'm not sure why that isn't brought up more often.

Great more excuses.

But seriously.  This has been mentioned.  The lack of depth is directly related to the lack of juniors and redshirt sophomores who would be in these clases.  Part of it is guys that did not get in, part of it guys that transferred, and then throw in injuries and a normal percentage of guys that just do not pan out and you see what you get.  Ultimately those attrition issues are on Leavitt, and I believe some of the issues have been addressed.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we should have recruited 60-75 better players during that time from

usfshould have gotten better not worse

• Content Count:  7,890

The Bulls have been in the middle of the pack since joining the BE.  What will happen when Louisville and Syracuse fall back in line? Will the Bulls fall to the cellar?

bulls are headed in that direction

:hurlnew :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :lolnew

• Content Count:  1,777

Anyone who can't see progress in recruiting in this program has no clue. The program is finally starting to get depth at key positions. It will only get better, wait until next year and see how BJ matures and some of those recent signees coming into play. We are finally getting to where most of you think we already are or hope we are. Have some patience and some faith. The football program is in good hands and is going in the correct direction, unlike programs at say, FSU and Notre Dame.

The two major parts of a football program are the recruits/players and the coaches.  Defensively Leavitt has done a good job with the coaches and the recruits. On the offensive side of the ball.  (HA HA HA!)  :ROFLMAO It is absolutely laughable what USF has done.

No knock against Grothe but he did not get better from year 1 to year 4 and I assume the same will happen to BJ Daniels. In the past CJL did not really care about the offense and in some cases I believe he turned a blind eye to it. At this level of football USF can not expect to win on talent alone. ALL TEAMS HAVE TALENT, so it comes down to how well the coaches utilize the talent they have.  Unforunately on offense USF has done a D rate job.

• Content Count:  959

Depth, Better ?? I must be watching another team. Looks like we went backwards 4 years out there. We will see in the next 2 years. Make or break in my opinion.

Archived