• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What if this is as good as it gets?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

If we make 10 straight bowl games, I'll take it!

way too easy to make bowl games these day.  Expectations have to be a little higher than that. 

Not really.  Considering how less than a third of the bowl subdivision teams have been able to do it five years in a row... to do it five more times would put USF on a very short list.

We get our asses handed to us at least 2 to 3 times if not more a year. I don't know about you, but to me that is unacceptable, and I would bet that it is also unacceptable to every college coach in FBS, even Duke, Vandy, Cuse.

Are you ******* serious?? ... This is what happens when the mob mentality sets in. People get stupid and just start making up **** .... Our asses handed to us 2 to 3 times, IF NOT MORE, a year? What the hell is your definition of having "our asses handed to us"?

Our team quits, they quit against Pitt last 2 years, Rutgirls last 2 years, UCONN last year .

So we supposedly quit and still won a game ..... Nice.

Sorry tripleb I made a mistake, so you tell me that your happy that we quit against Pitt and Rutgers (TWICE THIS YEAR). Your'e right, quitting twice in one year, is tottally acceptable, I'm really happy that you don't coach any teams that I support financially, or vocally.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

OK, I was horribly mistaken, and completely over spoke about the # of time we get our asses handed to us. However according to gousfbulls.com I present the following

Miami Loss 7-27 10/1/05

UL Loss 8-31 11/18/06

Oregon Loss 21-56 12/31/07

Rutgers Loss 16-49 11/15/08

Pitt Loss 14-41  10/24/09

Rutgers Loss 0-31 11/12/09

Miami Loss  10-31 11/28/09

7 blowout losses the last 5 years. Now, I want at least 1 of you to tell me that it's OK, that we are going to have at least 1 game a year in which our team quits. Go, ahead, tell me.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

It's OK, we are going to have at least 1 game a year in which our team quits.  ;D >:D

Guest Scherdin

I think this is as good as it will get, we don't dominate in any major (high revenue no disrespect to wmns basketball or softball) BE sports.  So why would you expect senior management (AD, President, etc.) to do anything more?  We don't have the resources that other big schools do; nor do we have the boosters.  So it will be the same old routine.

Seriously, do any of us really think that we can compete with the UF, USC, OU, OSU, etc. teams?  If that is the expectations, this board will always be a bashing session to who ever is coaching or playing.  A 13 year program does not have enough of alumni who care, fan base or national attention to compete with those schools.

A 9-3, 8-4 or even a 7-5 season with a bowl game is better then most schools.  I can list 20 other programs that would be happy with this type of season.  

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

If we make 10 straight bowl games, I'll take it!

way too easy to make bowl games these day.  Expectations have to be a little higher than that. 

Not really.  Considering how less than a third of the bowl subdivision teams have been able to do it five years in a row... to do it five more times would put USF on a very short list.

wow i thought your first comment was sarcasm.

Next year it looks like all we have to do is beat:

Stony Brook at home

FAU at home

WKU at home

Cuse at home

UConn at home

and beat one of any other  opponent to become bowl eligible.  Is that really an "I'll take it" ?

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

OK, I was horribly mistaken, and completely over spoke about the # of time we get our asses handed to us. However according to gousfbulls.com I present the following

Miami Loss 7-27 10/1/05

UL Loss 8-31 11/18/06

Oregon Loss 21-56 12/31/07

Rutgers Loss 16-49 11/15/08

Pitt Loss 14-41  10/24/09

Rutgers Loss 0-31 11/12/09

Miami Loss  10-31 11/28/09

7 blowout losses the last 5 years. Now, I want at least 1 of you to tell me that it's OK, that we are going to have at least 1 game a year in which our team quits. Go, ahead, tell me.

Well I'd like to know first how the hell you associate a 20pt+ loss as automatically = team "quit"

I certainly didn't see us "quit" in the 05 game against Miami, rather get beat by the better team.  I also didn't see us "quit" in the Oregon loss (get thoroughly out gameplanned...absolutely....quit....not really).  And from my veiw point, the team didn't quit in the game against Miami this year....rather get thouroughly dominated at both lines of scrimmage.  

Maybe you're failing to see that they are teams who are truly BETTER than us.  We're not UF.  When we play very good teams, and either don't have luck go our way, get outgameplanned, etc.... there's a good chance at losing by a lot.  Thats how college football works.  

Have we had a few games where the team quit....yeah probably....the Rutgers game looked gross this year....but to associate every blow out loss with the team "quitting"....well thats just riduculous.  

But continue on with your.....

preview_image_thumbnail.php?id=1847

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Here is the hard facts... to beat USF you just have to get a 2 touchdowns because our offense is so inept that we can't climb that mountain, then we get risky and give up turn overs, then our defense says WTF and throws in the towel as well...

We need to gut our offensive coaching staff and replace it with a Mangino or other former college HC that specializes in offense.

Mark my words as long as Canales is the OC our offense will struggle.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I agree with Dixie (except about Mangino) we need to gut the offensive staff this offseason. 

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Seriously, do any of us really think that we can compete with the UF, USC, OU, OSU, etc. teams?  If that is the expectations, this board will always be a bashing session to who ever is coaching or playing.  A 13 year program does not have enough of alumni who care, fan base or national attention to compete with those schools.

A 9-3, 8-4 or even a 7-5 season with a bowl game is better then most schools.  I can list 20 other programs that would be happy with this type of season.  

I think your post helped me nail the frustration. Our expectations are not that of UF or OU. Our expectations are based on the Big East. Sure if we were in any other BCS league, (well maybe not the ACC) we would be happy to go 7-5 or even 6-6. SEC....we would be Vandy or Miss State. Big Ten we would be Indiana, happy to just be there. But in this depleted Big East we actually thought we would be 2nd or 3rd.

What upsets us specifically is the success Rutgers & Ciincy are having at our expense. Pitt and West Virginia had some tradition and with Petrino, Louisville was on the rise. So Pitt is stuck with the Stache, we assumed he was a moron. Bill Stewart is no RichRod so they are down. Petrino is gone, with Louisville in shambles. All we have to do is to continue to dominate UConn, beat this little fat guy in Cincy who doesn't get good recruits, his good players are all graduating and this guy up in Jersey who took over a perrenial door mat and looks like he has 3 brain cells in his head with his gapped toothed grin (Schiano).

Well it hasn't quite worked out like we thought it might. So is life. Now the hope is maybe the B Kelly will leave for ND. Not that we are going to get better but maybe Cincy will just get worse.

Archived