• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What if this is as good as it gets?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

What worries me is that this is not as good as it gets it is what the "fans" will accept.  The Oh Well attitude, rather than get angry at the real source of the problems, and demanding something be done.

Do you actually believe that the university doesn't have a continency fund to buy out Leavitt's contract?  That would be just piss poor planning wouldn't it?  WAITTTTTTTTTT....that's SOP for USF.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we make 10 straight bowl games, I'll take it!

way too easy to make bowl games these day.  Expectations have to be a little higher than that. 

Not really.  Considering how less than a third of the bowl subdivision teams have been able to do it five years in a row... to do it five more times would put USF on a very short list.

What worries me is that this is not as good as it gets it is what the "fans" will accept.  The Oh Well attitude, rather than get angry at the real source of the problems, and demanding something be done.

Do you actually believe that the university doesn't have a continency fund to buy out Leavitt's contract?  That would be just piss poor planning wouldn't it?  WAITTTTTTTTTT....that's SOP for USF.

See, the problem is the glass half empty versus the glass half full mentality... My expectations for the program are to make a bowl game every year - hopefully some of those years the bowl game will be a BCS bowl - but I won't be upset that we haven't won the championship yet.  I'm not "settling" for lowered expectations, I just come from the era before football (let alone before I-A or before C-USA or even before the Big East)... so getting to a bowl game, to me, is a successful season.

Heck, I won't even be upset if we don't win the Big East before 2014... why? Look at how long other schools' droughts are... Clemson hasn't won the ACC since 1991... almost 20 years without a conference championship.... So, my "expectation" is that USF wins a Big East championship by about 2024 (our 20th season in the Big East)...

And yes, I believe USF does not have the money to buy out Leavitt's contract.  It's not poor planning, it's called a small athletics budget (relatively) and an even smaller donor base.

• Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

Do you actually believe that the university doesn't have a continency fund to buy out Leavitt's contract?  That would be just **** poor planning wouldn't it?  WAITTTTTTTTTT....that's SOP for USF.

This worries you?  Man, I thought the H1N1 was a little worrisome or even more pressing needs like the current economic challenges this country is facing.  Don't you think sending more troops to Afghanistan is a little more worrisome?

C'mon man, it 's a football game.  I don't think any fan of USF football would take an "Oh Well" attitude.  Believe me, it pains me to watch us lose, but at the end of the game no matter how lopsided the game may have been, I consider it what it should be:  it's just a game.

A lot of comments such as this one really shows a person's infantile nature.  If you really want changes to occur, I know of one you are in control of and can make instantly.  Stop watching.

Guest nybullsfan

+1

if your eye (or cjl) offends you, pluck it out (fire him)

the other (and easier) solution is to simply turn your head to a different direction

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

I'd actually be surprised if we go 8-4 next year  :-\

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

+1

if your eye (or cjl) offends you, pluck it out (fire him)

the other (and easier) solution is to simply turn your head to a different direction

I think this is what I am talking about. Apathy. Right now many of the fans are disappointed, some are angry. That means they still care. But if we have another season or 2 of disappointments, anger. The fans will stop caring. That is kind of where I am at. I am starting to be over our football season. Do I still feel like going to a Bowl game? I don't know right now. Do I want to spend money and time when the team may not even show up or do I just want to stay home and watch it for free? If the fan base feels like nothing will get better and the admins don't care, then the fans won't care. They will "turn their head" and then attendance goes down, no one travels to bowl games, ect. Apathy, not saying it has happened but I sense it is creeping in for the 1st time in our history.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

with leavitt we will not do better

with another coach we would dominate weak big east

the state of  florida has better football players than our competition

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

way too easy to make bowl games these day.  Expectations have to be a little higher than that. 

Not really.  Considering how less than a third of the bowl subdivision teams have been able to do it five years in a row... to do it five more times would put USF on a very short list.

Sorry Jim, but SO WHAT about what 2/3 of the FBS teams do. Do you really want to break down the numbers, and compare our program to the Dukes, and Vandy's and Syracuse's of the college football world. Yes, there are some "big" name teams that haven't gong to 5 bowls in a row. But, most of them play in a conference that is generally much tougher than the BE. Yes, I know that the BE record in bolws is the best or 2nd best the last few years, but look at the #1 (BCS) and #2 bowls (Sun). Outside of WVU's emotional win, how have we as a conference faired in those games. I along with most recruits could give a **** that we won the St. Pete Magic Jack Bowl last year. That's like getting the you tried hard trophy in little league. We need to stop hanging our hats on stupid ass stats that mean nothing. We get our asses handed to us at least 2 to 3 times if not more a year. I don't know about you, but to me that is unacceptable, and I would bet that it is also unacceptable to every college coach in FBS, even Duke, Vandy, Cuse. Our team quits, they quit against Pitt last 2 years, Rutgirls last 2 years, UCONN last year. That again is unacceptable. If it's OK with you, that's your perogative, but I bet that most on here (even the die hard CJL supporters) don't accept that.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Sorry Jim, but SO WHAT about what 2/3 of the FBS teams do. Do you really want to break down the numbers, and compare our program to the Dukes, and Vandy's and Syracuse's of the college football world. Yes, there are some "big" name teams that haven't gong to 5 bowls in a row. But, most of them play in a conference that is generally much tougher than the BE. Yes, I know that the BE record in bolws is the best or 2nd best the last few years, but look at the #1 (BCS) and #2 bowls (Sun). Outside of WVU's emotional win, how have we as a conference faired in those games. I along with most recruits could give a **** that we won the St. Pete Magic Jack Bowl last year. That's like getting the you tried hard trophy in little league. We need to stop hanging our hats on stupid *** stats that mean nothing. We get our asses handed to us at least 2 to 3 times if not more a year. I don't know about you, but to me that is unacceptable, and I would bet that it is also unacceptable to every college coach in FBS, even Duke, Vandy, Cuse. Our team quits, they quit against Pitt last 2 years, Rutgirls last 2 years, UCONN last year. That again is unacceptable. If it's OK with you, that's your perogative, but I bet that most on here (even the die hard CJL supporters) don't accept that.

Don’t disagree with the gist of your post but we beat UConn last year and the Pitt game was close till the end. I think we quit up at Pitt this year but not last year.

Actually, I think the “Quitting†part is what has so many fans upset. Last year we had one game, Rutgers, where we were out of the game early. This year we have had 3 and possibly four since the Cincy game was out of reach by the 4th quarter. In 07, the only blowout we sustained was the Sun Bowl.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

We get our asses handed to us at least 2 to 3 times if not more a year. I don't know about you, but to me that is unacceptable, and I would bet that it is also unacceptable to every college coach in FBS, even Duke, Vandy, Cuse.

Are you ******* serious?? ... This is what happens when the mob mentality sets in. People get stupid and just start making up **** .... Our asses handed to us 2 to 3 times, IF NOT MORE, a year? What the hell is your definition of having "our asses handed to us"?

Our team quits, they quit against Pitt last 2 years, Rutgirls last 2 years, UCONN last year .

So we supposedly quit and still won a game ..... Nice.

Archived