• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So you are the Notre Dame AD, Who do you hire?

Jewbull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Just some fun college football talk:

The most traditional rich college football program in the nation, some argue that this is the greatest college job in America. Urban Meyer is obviously 1st on your list, say he turns the job down, what's next? Everyone talks about Brian Kelly, yes, he had done a nice job at Cincy but Cincy football is no Notre Dame, is he really the right guy for the job. Mark D'antoni (sp?) did a nice job at cincy and is doing mediocre at best for Michigan State, dont you think Brian Kelly would be in the same situation at ND? Some tough decisions ahead, over a combined 30+ million over the yrs later they didnt get it right with Weiss, Willingham, or Davie......will be interesting to see whats next.

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Obviously Meyer is first on the list, but he has stated that he wants to stay at UF. Next on my list of college coaches would be Brian Kelly. You can say what you want about Mark D'Antoni, but Kelly is a way better coach. He might be the best x's and o's coach in the nation. I do understand the trepidation in getting a coach that is not from a big conference, that is why I would go at one of these three former NFL coaches in this order: Gruden, Cowher, Dungy.

Guest nybullsfan

dungy's on record as saying the only coaching job he'll take is for his 8-year old's peewee team LOL

Seriously though, I doubt any nfl-only coach would have the patience necessary to deal with the nd boosters.

1.meyer

2.kelly

3. sciano (laugh all you want, but he's got the social graces of weis, and coaches like holtz LOL)

4.the guy from northwestern

5. everybody else

• Content Count:  1,777

Realizing there is no magic bullet in college football, I  would not fire Weiss.  Instead of completely changing the chemistry of the team I would force Weiss to hire the best defensive coordinator/ assistant head coach that Notre Dame money could buy. It is obvious that Weiss is a good offensive coordinator but he may not be the best coach and defensive coordinator.  So as the AD I would find a defensive coordinator that could help Weiss in those areas.  

Its not worth buying out Weiss then turning around and signing another coach to a lucrative deal with incentives. If ND decides to fire Weiss then basically the ND job would be one where; you get hired win a few games and get paid, then lose a few games get fired and get paid.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

You guys are leaving out the obvious choice: Nick Saban. He's quick to jump at a pile of cash and has no loyalty to anyone despite what he may say. It would also be nice to see 'Bama get that thrown back in their face.

• Content Count:  2,558

mangino so when he has a grabber there is a priest readily available

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Weiss has done a great job at recruiting offensive talent, his main problem is that they can't recruit defensive talent for ****... ND needs to force Weiss to hire the best defensive coordinators that money can buy and get some ND defensive grads to come back and help out with recruiting as well...

Of course I hope they don't do this and keep collapsing so that they will be forced to join the Big East as a all sports team  ;) NBC will eventually jump ship if they continue to tank.

• Content Count:  4,738

After this season I hope to see the Gods work on UF's program

Tebow will graduate and go to do the Lord's work.

and Meyer will do the same.....at Notre Dame

Archived