• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For all those Fire Leavitt fans!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petersen makes $1 mil

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

The contract, which will pay Whittingham $1,200,000 annually, includes a base salary of $200,000. The remainder will come from radio and television rights, appearance fees, public speaking, fundraising and official outfitter compensation from Under Armour.

Sounds like he has a lot more to do than coach to get paid 300k less than Leavitt. Also in my world 300k is a big difference.

Do you have a link that shows Peterson's salary. Not arguing that he doesn't but, I was looking at the 2009 salaies list here:

http://americasbestonline.net/index.php/pages/collegehighestpaidcoaches.html

First. Every college coach's contract is structured like that, including Leavitt's

Second, yes it's a lot of money, but I doubt someone like Whittingham is leaving a comfortable situation Utah over $300;000. I can't think of any coach that would.

Usually it requires a major payraise...like June Jones from Hawaii to SMU

First. Every college coach's contract is structured like that, including Leavitt's

Second, yes it's a lot of money, but I doubt someone like Whittingham is leaving a comfortable situation Utah over $300;000. I can't think of any coach that would.

Usually it requires a major payraise...like June Jones from Hawaii to SMU

Over a quarter million dollars more, sunny Florida, in the hot bed of talent, and a BCS conference. You really don't think that he would give that some serious thought to that? Also, he would probably keep the UA part of his contract.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

For you guys working this whole new coach thing out, this might help you:

2009 NCAA football coaches contracts

Because Whittingham is a Mormon born and raised in Utah?

Seriously find me an example where a coach has left one school for another over 300k recently...hasn't happened and won't

Because Whittingham is a Mormon born and raised in Utah?

Seriously find me an example where a coach has left one school for another over 300k recently...hasn't happened and won't

Ok well being a Christian and true to my Faith I could understand that much on his part just as I probably wouldn't take a coaching job at BYU or Utah. Good point!

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

To all supporters of Coach Leavitt. [glow=red,2,300]  Have he gone as far as he can with the program?[/glow] This remind me of the final year Dungy was here. Love Dungy to death, but I knew he wasn't going to take the Bucs far. Say that, Coach Leavitt won't get fired. He would resign before he get fired. I think he loves the program that much. That means he'll be here another 5 years.

The effin hate when people compare the Buc and the Bulls.

College football is a totally different beast with a much more level playing field.

Archived