• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For all those Fire Leavitt fans!!!!

Bull Matrix

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,693
  • Days Won:  45

I only ask you all one thing when you talk all this fire Leaviit. What coach would you like to see replace Leavitt?? And please be realistic as USF wont be able to pull in any coach that they want. I remember how bad the basketball program did after Seth Greenberg left, so I would hate to see the same thing happen to the football program if Leavitt left.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I am not a Leavitt for Devil fan.  Facts are though, CJL is the highest tenured coach in the Big East.  He is the only head coach without NFL experience.  We have never been stronger than 4-3 in conference play.

Is it time for a change?  I am not sure.  I know the team is young, we quickly forgot after FSU that we all pretty much wrote off this season.  We have a young front line, a line that the lack of depth is truly hurting right now.  The center started at guard, we had to shift the tackle to guard and bring in a new tackle this week.  Against a strong blitz defense, this was never going to be pretty.

We have a Florida team.  Problem in November,  those guys last night are not used to getting hit at 40 degrees.  This is an issue that only resolves itself with playing time.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Everyone calm down, go to class and enjoy your weekend.  The world is not coming to an end.  A freshman QB who has played 5 games is going to be inconsistent at best.  The OL and DBs were huge problems going into the year.  CJL talked openly about it before the season.  They are big issues, can't be fixed during game 9 and beyond.  Relax, we'll go 2-1 over the next 3 games and finish 8-4 which is where we were picked to finish.

Did you really expect a BE Championship and a National Championship this year?  C'mon.

I am not on the fire Leavitt bandwagon.  I certainly didn't expect a National Championship.  I did expect us to at least be in the picture for BE championship.  We have lost 3 games and we have yet to be competitive in any of the games.  That is a major problem  We were 2-5 in conference last year.  We are realistically looking at 1-2.  Maybe 0-3 for the rest of the year.  You think this offense is going to do better against UCONN?  Edsal is as good a defensive mind as Schiano. 

• Content Count:  10,207
  • Days Won:  2

Did you really expect a BE Championship and a National Championship this year?  C'mon.

NO, but I didn't expect another rutgers beatdown after this team wanted so bad to come out and prove that last year was a fluke in tampa.

It wasn't a fluke, Rutgers owns us and they are just going to get better while our team I can't say it is.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,584
  • Days Won:  13

Charlie Strong, Jon Gruden, or Steve Spurier or Butch Jones

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  213

Charlie Strong, Jon Gruden, or Steve Spurier or Butch Jones

you forgot Brian Kelly--

geez-- he said people we can actually afford to get

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Kelly will go to Notre Dame.  He is at the top of their list.

Ok...question.  If Rich Rod gets canned at Michigan would you want him?  He would bring a definite USF flavor as he has 3 or 4 ex USF coaches and an ex player on his staff.  I wouldn't want him here.

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

How about the guy from Houston, Gary Patterson (TCU), or Chris Peterson (Boise St.). All of them make much less than Leavitt, are in non BCS schools, and have extremely disciplined ball teams.

Kelly will go to Notre Dame.  He is at the top of their list.

Ok...question.  If Rich Rod gets canned at Michigan would you want him?  He would bring a definite USF flavor as he has 3 or 4 ex USF coaches and an ex player on his staff.  I wouldn't want him here.

I was joking -- and it doesn't matter because we can't afford any of those dudes anyway-- not even Rich Rod -- anyway

and I'm also not even entertaining the thought of us getting rid of the father of USF football-

when the team is winning, you never hear about how a team has a discipline problem or any problem for the most part. Lose or get throttled and suddenly everyone has something ****** to say about the team.

we lost-- it sucks-- who should be happy on the sideline about that thrashing>? I would be pissed and probably not very disciplined myself under those conditions.

bring on Louisville

Archived