• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet ANOTHER big game CJL doesn't have team ready to play.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The talent argument is clear, we don't have that much.  Much of what we had is on the shelf right now too.  Those unable to see the difference between Daniels and Grothe aren't looking.

You really think that is true?  We have been recruiting pretty darn well for a few years now.  I think we have plenty of talent.  I also think we have a great head coach.  I don't know what the problem is.  Some weeks we go out and looks like we could win the Big East and a BCS bowl, other weeks it looks like we would finish bottom of the Sun Belt.  Consistency is not there.  Is it preparation?  Is it coaching?  Is it player attitudes?  I have no idea, I just know that if we are going to continue to build on our past success we have to get through this.  We have to learn that the football season is 13 games, not 4 or 6!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Talent not an issue! It's COACHING...How is TCU,Boise State, and Cincinnati having great seasons when their recruiting classes aren't in the top of country? Answer = COACHING

Leavitt and Stoops are from same coaching philosophy. They believe that their "offense" will when without making changes or adding wrinkles. Hence the reason Stoops has lost a majority of BCS games. When teams don't change anything on offense to attack opponents weakness on Defense, its easier for opponent to game plan against you.

Same thing with Leavitt - Sun Bowl, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, Cincy, etc.

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

The talent argument is clear, we don't have that much.  Much of what we had is on the shelf right now too.  Those unable to see the difference between Daniels and Grothe aren't looking.

You really think that is true?  We have been recruiting pretty darn well for a few years now.  I think we have plenty of talent.  I also think we have a great head coach.  I don't know what the problem is.  Some weeks we go out and looks like we could win the Big East and a BCS bowl, other weeks it looks like we would finish bottom of the Sun Belt.  Consistency is not there.  Is it preparation?  Is it coaching?  Is it player attitudes?  I have no idea, I just know that if we are going to continue to build on our past success we have to get through this.  We have to learn that the football season is 13 games, not 4 or 6!

This is our 5th year in the big east-- meaning all 98 players on our roster are considered "big east talent." Cincy and UCONN have had similar recruiting classes to ours but they are competing in every game--that is, they haven't been blown out in any game this season in the big east. It's understandable to lose a couple of games by a few points with a freshman QB but to get utterly destroyed twice already this season is where I have a problem. The talent is an issue but not so much that we cannot make games competitive. I would like to see a glimmer of hope for the future against teams other than wvu and syracuse (teams we never have a problem with).

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,077
  • Days Won:  469

You can look at talent any way you wish to make your argument.

I look at it this way.

In our entire history, we've had two feature backs - both of them transfers.

Pitt had better players at every skill position than we had.  Rutgers had better lineman, some destined for the NFL.

There is a huge shortage of USF players in the NFL, especially from the offensive side of the ball - and I don't see any from this team making it next year LunchTimeBully.

Who are the superstars?

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I look at it this way.

Pitt had better players at every skill position than we had.  Rutgers had better lineman, some destined for the NFL.

There is a huge shortage of USF players in the NFL, especially from the offensive side of the ball - and I don't see any from this team making it next year LunchTimeBully.

Who are the superstars?

who's responsible for that talent?

I didn't think we'd beat Pitt. They are loaded. I didn't think we'd lay down to them either. Rutgers is young. Talented but young. Again, I thought we would give them a game, at least. They have schemed the same way against us for 4 years and we can't seem to counter it. Cincy turns 2 stars into NFL talent.

The book is out on how to stop Leavitt's offense and we never seem to adjust. It's even worse with a RS freshman QB taking the snaps.

BTW we do have 1 former offensive skill player in the NFL. He transferred out after being told he wouldn't be the starter.

We have a 5 star and a 4 star RB on our roster. It's obvious they had the talent coming out of high school.

who's responsible for the o-line talent and depth?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,077
  • Days Won:  469

I look at it this way.

Who are the superstars?

who's responsible for that talent?

I didn't think we'd beat Pitt. They are loaded. I didn't think we'd lay down to them either. Rutgers is young. Talented but young. Again, I thought we would give them a game, at least. They have schemed the same way against us for 4 years and we can't seem to counter it. Cincy turns 2 stars into NFL talent.

The book is out on how to stop Leavitt's offense and we never seem to adjust. It's even worse with a RS freshman QB taking the snaps.

BTW we do have 1 former offensive skill player in the NFL. He transferred out after being told he wouldn't be the starter.

We have a 5 star and a 4 star RB on our roster. It's obvious they had the talent coming out of high school.

who's responsible for the o-line talent and depth?

You seem to be a pretty ardent participant so I am sure you have seen my comment on talent and whose responsibility it is - Jim Leavitt's.

However, whether it is his responsibility or yours doesn't negate the argument.  See, I'm not in the blame game.  Or the "I'm embarrassed" by team game.  I'm stating facts.  The talent is not up to Pitt or up to par.  I think some should dissect that issue before claiming we have top shelf talent and our coaches just fumble and bumble it away.

Archived