• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet ANOTHER big game CJL doesn't have team ready to play.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

One of the ESPN announcers said while interviewing CJL he made some comment like, "I'm still trying to figure out what team is going to show up". Um, excuse me there, Jim, but isn't it YOUR job to have the team ready to play?

I'm tired of these rollercoaster games...GREAT one week...TERRIBLE the next. But, mainly terrible when it counts the most. #24 in the country and you are just getting embarassed on national TV. You can all blame other coaches or players, but all the mistakes, miscues, penalties, missed blocks, wrong routes run, lack of game-time corrections. special team errors are all ultimately back on the head coach. Again, he doesn't have the team ready to play a big game. It's ridiculous.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

One of the ESPN announcers said while interviewing CJL he made some comment like, "I'm still trying to figure out what team is going to show up". Um, excuse me there, Jim, but isn't it YOUR job to have the team ready to play?

I'm tired of these rollercoaster games...GREAT one week...TERRIBLE the next. But, mainly terrible when it counts the most. #24 in the country and you are just getting embarassed on national TV. You can all blame other coaches or players, but all the mistakes, miscues, penalties, missed blocks, wrong routes run, lack of game-time corrections. special team errors are all ultimately back on the head coach. Again, he doesn't have the team ready to play a big game. It's ridiculous.

while i cannot disagree... it really is the only time you show up.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wow!  Big surprise you would show up.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,077
  • Days Won:  469

I give him credit for at least remaining in the bounds of common decency and civility. 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I am a Big Leavitt supporter, but as I said after the Pitt game, I am not sure how many more of these kind of games I can watch and still continue to support him.  It isn't the loss, it isn't even a loss to a team we should (at least thought we should) beat.  It is the fact that we simply don't show up.  Our team is not prepared, not focused, and not representing the proud University that we all support.

It has happened too often under CJL.  I don't know the answer, and I certainly don't think firing him is the right choice, but the problem needs to be fixed.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If the big east consisted of WVU and Syracuse we would own it

Yeah this is getting old

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I am a Big Leavitt supporter, but as I said after the Pitt game, I am not sure how many more of these kind of games I can watch and still continue to support him.  It isn't the loss, it isn't even a loss to a team we should (at least thought we should) beat.  It is the fact that we simply don't show up.  Our team is not prepared, not focused, and not representing the proud University that we all support.

It has happened too often under CJL.  I don't know the answer, and I certainly don't think firing him is the right choice, but the problem needs to be fixed.

good post

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,077
  • Days Won:  469

Talent is an issue, coaching may be part of it.

It would be nice to see some offensive talent at USF good enough to make the NFL like Britt or Rice.

I think we aren't there talent wise yet.  Pitt proved to have more talent at all skill positions.  We aren't there yet.  We need to get there pronto, but recruiting is just now starting to get where it should be (with last year's strong class).

• Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

The head coach and coaching staff has to go.  It's embarrassing

Archived