• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet ANOTHER big game CJL doesn't have team ready to play.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

I have been a supporter of the coach but this team doesn't look like they belong on the same field as Rutgers.  It looks like playing a 1AA team.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

We have talent, just not the depth required to compete in a BCS conference. Give the man a couple more years to fill out the roster.

• Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

How many more years do you need to see? If talent is the problem, then it's a recruiting problem and that's not gonna solve itself.

• Content Count:  59

When you play like this there is no chance of recruiting top talent .... this coaching staff is  Div IIA at best ......CJL has done a great job getting us to this point, but...... at some point in time you have to realize "to be the man you have to beat the man" and CJL cannot get it done. I'm afraid the program is at the crossroads and can either move forward (with a new coaching staff) or will begin to death spiral with CJL as the the Captain.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Talent is an issue, coaching may be part of it.

It would be nice to see some offensive talent at USF good enough to make the NFL like Britt or Rice.

I think we aren't there talent wise yet.  Pitt proved to have more talent at all skill positions.  We aren't there yet.  We need to get there pronto, but recruiting is just now starting to get where it should be (with last year's strong class).

That isn't the kind of performance that gets you more talent.  That didn't look like the kind of team that are a couple of key pieces away from being great.  The team frankly looked lost, at times not terribly interested in the game.  BJ had looked out of control when things didn't go well.  He certainly needed to gain some composure, but this time he looked like he didn't even care.  I think most USF fans sitting at home were more upset wtih the fumbles and interceptions that he was.

• Content Count:  808

I am a Big Leavitt supporter, but as I said after the Pitt game, I am not sure how many more of these kind of games I can watch and still continue to support him.  It isn't the loss, it isn't even a loss to a team we should (at least thought we should) beat.  It is the fact that we simply don't show up.  Our team is not prepared, not focused, and not representing the proud University that we all support.

It has happened too often under CJL.  I don't know the answer, and I certainly don't think firing him is the right choice, but the problem needs to be fixed.

Echoes my sentiment exactly.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

We have the talent to dominate this conference, we just don't have the depth nor the coaching to utilize that talent correctly. Fire all the coaches except maybe Tresey. Get a guy who knows how to run an offense and make changes mid game to counter blitzes and other packages. Get a HC who knows how to run a discipline team that will show up on gameday.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Talent is an issue, coaching may be part of it.

It would be nice to see some offensive talent at USF good enough to make the NFL like Britt or Rice.

I think we aren't there talent wise yet.  Pitt proved to have more talent at all skill positions.  We aren't there yet.  We need to get there pronto, but recruiting is just now starting to get where it should be (with last year's strong class).

That isn't the kind of performance that gets you more talent.  That didn't look like the kind of team that are a couple of key pieces away from being great.  The team frankly looked lost, at times not terribly interested in the game.  BJ had looked out of control when things didn't go well.  He certainly needed to gain some composure, but this time he looked like he didn't even care.  I think most USF fans sitting at home were more upset wtih the fumbles and interceptions that he was.

I'm not sure how your comments relate to mine (quoted).  I don't think I commented at all on the performance tonight nor did I say we were a couple of key pieces away.

• Content Count:  41

Major changes are needed here. We have beat no one this year that is worth a crap!  This loss rests on the coaches as nothing has changed in the BE.  We are totally predictable and get out-coached in just about every BE game.  

• Content Count:  468

One of the ESPN announcers said while interviewing CJL he made some comment like, "I'm still trying to figure out what team is going to show up". Um, excuse me there, Jim, but isn't it YOUR job to have the team ready to play?

I'm tired of these rollercoaster games...GREAT one week...TERRIBLE the next. But, mainly terrible when it counts the most. #24 in the country and you are just getting embarassed on national TV. You can all blame other coaches or players, but all the mistakes, miscues, penalties, missed blocks, wrong routes run, lack of game-time corrections. special team errors are all ultimately back on the head coach. Again, he doesn't have the team ready to play a big game. It's ridiculous.

while i cannot disagree... it really is the only time you show up.

Going to apologize about two things right off:

1. Bumping this thread back to the front page.

2. Replying to my own post.

Know both aren't great message board etiquette. But, I'd like to defend myself on this.

No, it isn't the only time I show-up. Look who won last week's prediction contest as proof. Just got tired of getting bashed over & over & over for speaking my mind and what I felt was the truth. People saying I wasn't a real fan, etc.  Been saying for a couple of season's what many of you are saying now. So, when I would come here - I would just see what was being talked about and not post.

Now, there are many anti-CJL threads. 

Archived