• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bad news on Notre Dame/Gator Bowl front

usf97

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I don't see ND winning the last 3 games of the season... Pitt will stomp them, UConn is all fired up, and Stanford is a tough nut to crack...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe its because I'm young and not in the midwest, but I just don't see the prestige in ND. Dan patrick had a poll question which job would you rather have: the mnf announcing or ND head coach and when I saw it the results were for the mnf job. They've been a BCS era joke that we get to watch get smoked on national television every week. F ND.

• Content Count:  1,757

If ND takes the spot at 7 wins over a 10 win Big East team, the league should kick out ND in ALL other sports.  It's time for the allornothing approach with these anusheads.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Go Pitt,

Go UConn 

Go Stanford

whip some ND butt!

• Content Count:  3,097

If ND takes the spot at 7 wins over a 10 win Big East team, the league should kick out ND in ALL other sports.  It's time for the allornothing approach with these anusheads.

EXACTLY!  No way should the BE brass let ND step on their semi-brethren.

• Content Count:  849

can you blame gator bowl

nd or usf???

come on

10-2 USF would certainly bring more than the 13,000 they did for the FSU game.  I don't think we'd have any reason to be ashamed.  We'd definitely outnumber the Cincy fans at their BCS game.

That's really tough to say that they would bring more than 13,000. Its possible but its not a lock, last year we didn't have any sellouts in terms of attendance. Last year against an undefeated ranked opponent on a Friday we didn't sell out our stadium. We couldn't even sellout the St. Petersburg bowl which essentially was a home game. The ACC opponent is what the 3rd selection? So at best we're looking at Virginia Tech maybe Clemson, but we could be facing Boston College. If that's the case, I don't think the Gator Bowl would care for a USF-BC matchup.

A Notre Dame selection would pretty much be guaranteed a sellout, not to mention the travel impact on the local economy with people staying in hotels. USF fans would not likely to stay in as many hotels as most fans would leave the same day...with USF it would be a gamble.

Although I'd like to see USF make the Gator, I just don't think its likely if Notre Dame is on the table

• Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

ND-BC would be a rematch and the irish would not be up for that.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Guys, for the first thing, if the Gator does not get ND for some reason they're going to select either Pitt or Cincy barring something amazing happening. I'd likely put WVU in front of us going there as well.

As far as selling tickets, we'd likely sell about the FSU amount, if not more. However, bowl games aren't about tickets really. ND will sell out and will draw amazing TV ratings for the Gator bowl. As mentioned, the other teams would bring more to the local economy as well.

Gator ain't happening. It's not a pretty drop off from the Gator. The top 4 of the BE could be pretty good at least 2 of them are gonna be at the MCC and PJ bowl. Most likely a third will be relegated to another incredibly mediocre bowl too because I don't see the BEast getting the Gator.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Guys, for the first thing, if the Gator does not get ND for some reason they're going to select either Pitt or Cincy barring something amazing happening. I'd likely put WVU in front of us going there as well.

As far as selling tickets, we'd likely sell about the FSU amount, if not more. However, bowl games aren't about tickets really. ND will sell out and will draw amazing TV ratings for the Gator bowl. As mentioned, the other teams would bring more to the local economy as well.

Gator ain't happening. It's not a pretty drop off from the Gator. The top 4 of the BE could be pretty good at least 2 of them are gonna be at the MCC and PJ bowl. Most likely a third will be relegated to another incredibly mediocre bowl too because I don't see the BEast getting the Gator.

The Gator is a longshot for USF, but it is possible even if Cincy and Pitt win out until they play each other.  Remember if USF can win out (big if) that we would be 5-2 in conference and can be selected ahead of either Pitt or Cincy at 6-1.  Gator Bowl committee may hope we travel better in-state than either Pitt or Cincy (who do not have great traveling reputations).  If WVU finishes at 5-2 then they would be ahead of us from the Gator Bowl perspective.  From the Gator Bowl side Notre Dame would be the best choice.

• Content Count:  9,038

EXACTLY!  No way should the BE brass let ND step on their semi-brethren.

The old Big East commish as well as the incoming one have both stated emphatically that Notre Dame will always be a part of the Big East unless ND wants out.

Archived