• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pink Flamingoes @ Rutgers???

ANSWER THIS: I think the USF "War Flamingos" idea is...  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

wow what are you guys talking about?   i'm completely lost

just some retarded students thinking that our backup mascot is a blow-up pink flamingo.

Then those must be the same students starting the Wave when WE have the ball ....

Yes, probably in the same group as the flamingo fags.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i dont understand how someone can really think that taking blow up flamingos to the game is cool.

if you possess a pink flamingo you should be taken outside the stadium and be shot.

• Content Count:  2,726

You're really not missing anything... just some retarded students thinking that our backup mascot is a blow-up pink flamingo.  It's been going on for years now and really immature and old! :nope

You know what?

A) I'm an alumni of the University.

B) I don't care about how stupid it is

C) Apparently we are 2-0 at road games with the Flamingo, and 4-0 all time including home games.

D) This university has very little tradition, period.  Hell...the **** student section can barely spell the "S-O-U-T-H" in the fight song in TIME.  It is always terrible.

E) The flamingo gag is just a remembrance of our past, and our STRONG road game performances.  Yes they've been Non-conference...but why can't we bring that over to the conference road games.  I say the flamingos are here to stay!

People on here need to realize a funny/good thing when its in their lap...

Imagine if the cameras pass over the flamingos during a road conference game in the coming years.  THEN, imagine if the announcer is smart enough to get a clip from the Auburn/WVU game in 07.  Then he'll be able to talk about USF's past...I think thats cool...period!

Any time someone is talking about USF's past and its not about trailers and the "ponderosa" then im happy!

I say...GO WAR FLAMINGOS!!!

and...GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,523

We have a hard enough time getting folks to associate our team with U-S-F, would really suck if they associated us with pink flamingos first...As much as I don't like our helmets, I'd rather have us associated with those things than pink flamingos...However, in this PC time, we must be tolerant of alternative fanstyles...so War On pink flamingo guys...needs the beer guys to make a song about this one...

• Content Count:  116

WAR FLAMINGO!

Bring em if you got em!

• Content Count:  2,726

We have a hard enough time getting folks to associate our team with U-S-F, would really suck if they associated us with pink flamingos first...As much as I don't like our helmets, I'd rather have us associated with those things than pink flamingos...However, in this PC time, we must be tolerant of alternative fanstyles...so War On pink flamingo guys...needs the beer guys to make a song about this one...

are you talking about? 

Bud Lights "Real Men of Genious". 

Here's to you, "Mr. bringer of Inflatable Pink Flamingo's to College Football games"

bahahaha

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,307

You know what?

C) Apparently we are 2-0 at road games with the Flamingo, and 4-0 all time including home games.

A) Ok, you and most of the people on this board are alumni or students, so what does that have to do anything?  It was started as a joke, and it's still a joke.

B) You should.  Our school looks pretty **** stupid whenever those things are around. 

C) How do you figure we're 4-0 at home with them?  This thing started after the Auburn game in 07.  We lost to Cinci in 07, Pitt and RU in 08 with those stupid things there.  I'm superstitious, but hot ****, these flamingos are not the reason we're winning.

You talk about people realizing when good things hit them in the lap, but this is not one of them.  Yeah, let's mock a school with tradition, because that's what it is doing.  Yeah, let's explain why we came up with it to everyone that doesn't understand it.  Which is basically EVERYONE.  Most of the students involved with it have left/graduated/moved on... it was a joke that ran its course.  Time to move on--just like the founding fathers of the stupid idea have.

• Content Count:  2,277

You're really not missing anything... just some retarded students thinking that our backup mascot is a blow-up pink flamingo.  It's been going on for years now and really immature and old! :nope

You know what?

D) This university has very little tradition, period.  Hell...the **** student section can barely spell the "S-O-U-T-H" in the fight song in TIME.  It is always terrible.

E) The flamingo gag is just a remembrance of our past, and our STRONG road game performances.  Yes they've been Non-conference...but why can't we bring that over to the conference road games.  I say the flamingos are here to stay!

People on here need to realize a funny/good thing when its in their lap...

Imagine if the cameras pass over the flamingos during a road conference game in the coming years.  THEN, imagine if the announcer is smart enough to get a clip from the Auburn/WVU game in 07.  Then he'll be able to talk about USF's past...I think thats cool...period!

Any time someone is talking about USF's past and its not about trailers and the "ponderosa" then im happy!

I say...GO WAR FLAMINGOS!!!

and...GO BULLS!!!

You spelled it out yourself right there!  If you're so hungry to start a tradition why not start something that is "cool" and makes sense as opposed to something that you yourself even admitted was STUPID!?!?  ???

Archived