• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pink Flamingoes @ Rutgers???

ANSWER THIS: I think the USF "War Flamingos" idea is...  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Mag Pie, I usually agree with you on things.  

But this is one where I think you're dead wrong.  Its just a difference in opinion. Sorry.  

I guess you are right about the flamingos record...sorry...i said 4-0(including home games against WVU in 07 and 09)  that is when people on this board mention flamingos being in attendance.  Hmm so lets see...you say the flamingos were at the Cincy07 RU08 and PITT08 games?  Hmm...add in the other home games we won, the flamingos were 4-2 last season...and in 07?  they were 4-1(not sure if the flamingos made it out for the UNC game, maybe the first one was WVU.  

Lets see...that means the flamingos are 8-3 at home + the win at Auburn and FSU this year(10-3), AND the win over WVU, some allegedly spotted a flamingo there...SO...

We are currently 11-3 with flamingos in attendance.  Pretty decent. 2-0 on the road...BTW.

Perhaps if the Flamingos were green, you'd like them?  I don't know what your hatred is with them. Its a mockery thats become a funny tradition for us.  Why can't we hold on to it?  Its obvious that some alumni like it.  Just embrace it.

lol

Regardless...Flamingos will live on.

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW...i don't need to start traditions...

I was in the band back when it began...there were enough started there to last me a lifetime.

I just think the flamingos are funny/cool and are good historical association for the USF name.

I think everyone knows we're bulls.

Hell...i got two "Go Bulls" in times square two weeks ago...and i was wearing a simple USF t-shirt.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  1,757

Many college traditions start with one fanbase mocking another.   I absolutlely LOVE the ******* flamingos.   It's different, funny and just says "southwest Florida".  I am going to buy two for my front lawn (of course they'll get iconic "U"s painted on them) and one for the games.    

We NEED more flamingo!!!!

• Content Count:  2,307

We'll agree to disagree...

I won't bash you for having a different opinion.

I still think it's stupid.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

I am an alumni this is the first year I found out about the flamigos and I like it. GO WAR FLAMINGOS!!!!!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

why is this even a discussion 3 years later?!?

I don't have to read the whole thread...just know I agree with everything Mag said and my opinion hasn't changed since we talked about it in El Paso (pretty sure that's when we first talked)

why is this even a discussion 3 years later?!?

I don't have to read the whole thread...just know I agree with everything Mag said and my opinion hasn't changed since we talked about it in El Paso (pretty sure that's when we first talked)

Why is it a discussion?  Cause they came out @FSU and at home last week against WVU.  Just sayin...

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  640

8_va, if you're going to make a tradition of mocking some opponent, at least make it explainable. What do pink flamingos have to do with Rutgers Scarlet Knights? What do they have to do with FSU Seminoles? The only time it was funny was against the Auburn War FLAMINGO! Get it? Haha! That's ******* funny.

Sure, flamingos have to do with S Florida. So do gators, and old people from NY. It's only condescending and demeaning WHEN IT MAKES SENSE.

That being said, bring them in droves to the game against the 'Canes. Get it? They're birds, but not noble respectable birds. They're ugly a** stupid flamingos.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

:thumbsdown  Sorry dude, it just aint funny.   

Archived