• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Postivies Heading into the Rutgers Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I know this is odd for this group, but I thought I'd try something crazy.  Actually trying to find some positives out there on the field.  I mean, I know we're 6-2, and have only beaten two teams in the Top 25.  And we did lose to two of the Top 15 teams in the country.  But I think we may be able to find a positive here or there...

1.  Selvie, JPP, and the rest of the DLine.

2.  Carlton Mitchell.  He's having the best year of any of our receivers that I can recall.

3.  Kion Wilson.  He talked the talk, then he walked the walk.  He called out the secondary, but had a great game against WV to back it up.  He can call out anyone he wants to after that performance on one good wheel.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Another positive...

I'm back from Japan and i'm 1-0 since being back (WVU game)...now im going to RUTGERS!!!  (got my tickets today)

GOOOOO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Coaches adjusted and played big boy football on Friday

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

Unlike Cincy and Pitt we beat a team ranked higher than us.  It was a big home win, to right the loss at home earlier to Cincy.

I thought A.J. Love played a great game (must have been coached up).  I thought B.J. showed terrific speed turning the corners (Coaches must have made him run in practice), I thought a banged up O-line did pretty well suffering through the flu (must have coached up the line, saw Sims snapping ball after Genus injury, more great coaching - what depth!), I thought the secondary played great (what a turnaround from a week ago - must be great coaching again).  And what about Mo Plancher?  Apparently, he was coached up too.  Mitchell?  Coaches must have given him a "hands" session. 

Sounds ridiculous huh?

What I saw was a group of guys that did not fall behind.  A bunch of guys that came out ready to play.  Confident in their abilities and taking nothing for granted.

Absolutely great teams can do it week in and week out winning every game.  There are very few great teams.  Most have weaknesses or bad games that get exploited.  We're not a great team win or lose.  We need to play a near perfect game to have a chance to win.  We played one of our better games.

Now the question is, can we do it again.  Consistency is the ingredient missing.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

We still need to beat teams that utilize the playaction. Until we beat uconn, rutgers and pitt consistantly we havent changed. We have beated wvu 3 out of 4 years now and the one we lost was in the snow. Its apparent we know how to play them. Wvu isnt a good gauge to go by. We must beat the Pitts,Rutgers, and Uconns. The teams that have the bigger guys up front. The teams who play action and get out secondary out of position.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

We still need to beat teams that utilize the playaction. Until we beat uconn, rutgers and pitt consistantly we havent changed. We have beated wvu 3 out of 4 years now and the one we lost was in the snow. Its apparent we know how to play them. Wvu isnt a good gauge to go by. We must beat the Pitts,Rutgers, and Uconns. The teams that have the bigger guys up front. The teams who play action and get out secondary out of position.

so true

they play real football

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The years we beat WVU don't count as big wins because we always beat them?  They have been ranked the 3 times we beat them and twice in the top-10.  It is a big win whether they use play-action or not.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Bulliever,

Please don't pull down your pants and expect us not to notice your a$$.

Unlike Cincy and Pitt we beat a team ranked higher than us.  It was a big home win, to right the loss at home earlier to Cincy.

Wow, so higher rated teams can be beaten?  I'm amazed and confused! I guess our lower ranked and less talented squad got one over on those Mountaineers, huh.

I thought B.J. showed terrific speed turning the corners (Coaches must have made him run in practice),

Well, according to Leavitt he told Canales not to restrict B.J., so more like a coach got out of the way.  Frankly, one of AJ's catches happened because B.J. had him break along the sideline.  Plus, Canales calls the plays, I'm still confused.

And what about Mo Plancher?  Apparently, he was coached up too.

He looked like the same old Plancher to me, but he got many more touches than in previous games and had a breakaway run in the 3rd quarter.  I think he did what coaches hadn't allowed a single back to do in previous games - get enough touches to feel the flow of a game.

Mitchell?  Coaches must have given him a "hands" session.

They must have done it along the sideline after those first couple of drops  ;)  Frankly, you throw more than 8 times, with accuracy, and you're bound to have a better day then when you tried to predominantly run against a good run defense. The coaches appeared to change their approach and actually attack a teams defensive weakness - so I don't know where your going with this one.  I would agree that Mitchell had a better game than he did against Cincy but to act like coaching plays absolutely no role is not just ridiculous, it's ludicrous. 

Sounds ridiculous huh?

No, but you sound a bit ridiculous  ;)

What I saw was a group of guys that did not fall behind.  A bunch of guys that came out ready to play.  Confident in their abilities and taking nothing for granted.

I saw a strategy by the coaching staff to put the team in the best position to come away with a win and a team that played much better and more disciplined than they had in the prior two games.  Kind of petting both heads on the two-headed monster.  I am happy for it, but coaching, regardless of your slant, plays a big role in that.  Cincy is a perfect example right here in our own conference.  Ignore it and you ignore reality.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

I know this is odd for this group, but I thought I'd try something crazy.  Actually trying to find some positives out there on the field.

Hey, you got 4 responses before your good intentioned thread went to **** ... That could be a record.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I know this is odd for this group, but I thought I'd try something crazy.  Actually trying to find some positives out there on the field.

Hey, you got 4 responses before your good intentioned thread went to **** ... That could be a record.

My over/under was 2, so I guess it turned out ok.  ;)

I find hbyran's post to be one of the worst I've ever seen on any message board.  And I've seen (and probably posted) some bad ones.  Someone posts something positive in a thread designed to be positive.  And hbryan has to rip it to shreds, insulting the poster at the same time?  Actually, not just insulting the poster, but beyond that.  Whatever beyond insulting is.  Bad enough to go into a thread where people are griping and complaining and bash someone personally.  But to go into a thread where people are being positive and just start the insults flying?

Dude has some serious issues. 

Archived