• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SMACK TALK

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

The coaches have GOT to stop this incessant street Smack talk by our players. I personally have had it up to here with it. First off, we do not have the record to back it up. Secondly, when you make a good play, (especially when you a re losing by 20+ points), you don't go smack talking to the other team. (ie. Royal after his great tackle.) Maybe this is why we are not winning too many games. We are too undiciplined and still are playing streetball in the hood! This is D-1 football. Act like it.!!!! >:(   The Reaper

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

It's been a problem all year. It's a symptom of the kind of players we are recruiting. Admittedly, I've only been following USF football for about three years, but I really am not impressed with the character of the players Jim Leavitt has recruited during his tenure. At least when compared with my other alma maters, we seem to have nothing but thugs here (and the consistent legal trouble our players are in seems to back this up)...

i hope we can get players who are disciplined and who demonstrate sportsmanship in the future.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

They pay players in Ohio... that is the difference. If I was getting paid, I'd be less vocal also... gotta keep it on the downlow. Don't want to raise suspicion by drawing attention to yourself.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Geez!!. A UC players smacks USF's Warren in the face and you want to blame our players. If you were paying attention, you would realise that USF had less penalties than usual. You have to take away at least two penalties because of the bad calls on pass interference on Jenkins. So please, minus 30 yards for us.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

What was funny about Antonio getting smacked in the face was the whole fact him and Bruce Gipson were talking smack to the returner! Bulliever and I were watching the game commenting on how BG never shuts up when he's on the field, and we were waiting to see what got said on the fair catch being he was in spitting distance of the UC player. BG came through for me and the other kid got the flag.

Off the field, BG is pretty laid back... it's like he's in flip mode on the field. I love watching him and Terrence Royal (besides Andre Hall). They really keep going non-stop, even when they get beat on a play. That is ultra-competitive.

Terry,

BG did a good job at baiting the UC player. He picked USF up 15 yards. I still believe the two pass intereference calls were bogus. We need Matt Grothe!!! MATT GROTHE!!! MATT GROTHE!!! MATT GROTHE!!!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the yaking on every play looks ridiculous and it is a symptom of a bigger problem

leavitt can't control his team

is the message getting through?

has leavitt been here too long?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

has leavitt been here too long?

Are we going to start this again?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

One thing about Hall that I kind of like, after he gets tackled he is patting the defenders on the helmet or helping them up.  You can see the mutual respect between Hall and the opposition.  Our best player is also the best sportsman on the team.  Really wish we had more like Hall.  

As far as the rest of them, if you're gonna talk and be a thug, at least be a good football layer.  Some of these guys are truly pathetic.  I forget who it was on a kickoff but the cameras showed him nodding his head and making all kinds of stupid gestures before kickoff like he was going to do something if he got the ball.  Well he got the ball, went about 15 yard on the kickoff return and got his self splatered by Cincy's return team.  It was embarrasing.

beastie,

Did you notice Leroy Selmon Jr giving Cincy's QB a pat on the back after he was knocking him around??? I dont know what game some of you were watching, but this was not one of those games that USF got penalized a lot. I am still questioning the two bad pass interference calls against Jenkins. Anyway, I am getting sick of some of you fans questioning Leavitt's ability to run a program. I have to wonder what type of turncoat you are sometimes.