• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice post by UCF fan in response to loss vs. Miami

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Hehehehe

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=127080134&mid=127080134&sid=908&style=2

"30 years of football without a win over a ranked team

Another wasted opportunity to earn some respect. To take a step forward. To impress recruits. To finally beat a ranked team.

That effort was pathetic.[glow=red,2,300] USF would've beaten Miami by 30 tonight.[/glow] USF beats ranked teams every year now, and UCF still can't beat even one. WTF is wrong with this football program? Largest school in the state and cannot compete with the Big 4."

Well, I guess we'll find out come Thanksgiving. I'm planning to have a little USF pride to be thankful for!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Ever Ranked at the end of the season in the AP or Coaches Poll? NO

I thought the BCS rankings were more important?

We did finish #23 in the last BCS poll in 2002.

• Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Ever Ranked at the end of the season in the AP or Coaches Poll? NO

I thought the BCS rankings were more important?

We did finish #23 in the last BCS poll in 2002.

The BCS is to determine who gets to the BCS bowl games. I dont think they even do a ranking after the bowl games.

• Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

USF had a 5 game winning streak against the top 25. I would say that is more than winning occasionally againt top 25 teams. USF beat a big 3 school. USF won two bowl games. The thread is about how far USF has come compared to UCF, not about the other programs in the BIG EAST.

• Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  0

If you polled 100 knowledgeable and sober UCF fans at least 80 of us would trade the success you've had for whatever you want to call this (O'Leary's Tenure) in a heartbeat. 

The frustration here is growing to epic proportions and its not just with the results on the field.  Although that alone would be reason enough.

During Friday's Lunch with George he referred to all internet message board users as losers and cowards.  Refused to answer a question about his 0-6 record following bye weeks because the questioner stated that he read it in the Orlando Sentinel.  Stated that the only reasons we do things like blackouts "is to sell t-shirts to you dumb people."  Picked on an undergrad in the front row  unmercifully because he couldnt repeat something George had just mumbled.

In other words GOL has basically just been saying "F" you to our fanbase the last year or so because he knows we can't buy him out.  The ten year extension and $5m buyout was the biggest mistake UCF has ever made.

• Content Count:  65

I think most of us can accept the losing its the losing with the F you, I dont care attitude that is making us insane!

• Content Count:  639

Oleary has yet to develop a QB, that's the big difference when trying to pull upsets. I felt bad for the defense, played their hearts out despite being on the field most of the game. Still recovering, fun weekend minus the game

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

During Friday's Lunch with George he referred to all internet message board users as losers and cowards.  Refused to answer a question about his 0-6 record following bye weeks because the questioner stated that he read it in the Orlando Sentinel.  Stated that the only reasons we do things like blackouts "is to sell t-shirts to you dumb people."  Picked on an undergrad in the front row  unmercifully because he couldnt repeat something George had just mumbled.

WOW. Where's your SG on this one? I'd be organizing protests, lobbying the university president, and threatening to media blitz this guy. You don't get your paycheck and then go after the kids who fund it. Whether or not the actual money comes from student tuition is not the issue - he's there to serve the student athletes and the university, which is there to serve the students. That is unbelievable. You should definitely inundate this POS with negative attention for this.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

If you polled 100 knowledgeable and sober UCF fans at least 80 of us would trade the success you've had for whatever you want to call this (O'Leary's Tenure) in a heartbeat. 

The frustration here is growing to epic proportions and its not just with the results on the field.  Although that alone would be reason enough.

In other words GOL has basically just been saying "F" you to our fanbase the last year or so because he knows we can't buy him out.  The ten year extension and $5m buyout was the biggest mistake UCF has ever made.

Yeah, but the team has a kick ass graduation rate!  ;D

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I had assumed the stadium was going to be sold out for this game... however, when i saw the game on TV it looked to me there were many seats open. Was it sold out? I'm not sure if they were away fan seats or band seats or what but it didn't look full.

Archived