• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice post by UCF fan in response to loss vs. Miami

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

Hehehehe

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=127080134&mid=127080134&sid=908&style=2

"30 years of football without a win over a ranked team

Another wasted opportunity to earn some respect. To take a step forward. To impress recruits. To finally beat a ranked team.

That effort was pathetic. USF would've beaten Miami by 30 tonight. USF beats ranked teams every year now, and UCF still can't beat even one. WTF is wrong with this football program? Largest school in the state and cannot compete with the Big 4."

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i'd hate to be a UCF fan... their offense is sooo boring and SOOOO bad they will never be able to win against a decent team. That program is entrenched in mediocrity.

• Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Hey, I am so glad you posted that. Not because I wanted to make light of UCF losing, but because I think a lot of USF fans are spoiled by early success. I dont think most USF fans will ever understand how lucky we are to have a program that has come up so fast. So it hurts me to see some of these fans that want Leavitt gone because we cant win the BIG EAST right away. USF has come up pretty fast, but we all have to understand that it does take more time. I think that #2 ranking has really brought a false sense of expectations to this young program as we have fans complaining too much about coaching. GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  808

Hey, I am so glad you posted that. Not because I wanted to make light of UCF losing, but because I think a lot of USF fans are spoiled by early success. I dont think most USF fans will ever understand how lucky we are to have a program that has come up so fast. So it hurts me to see some of these fans that want Leavitt gone because we cant win the BIG EAST right away. USF has come up pretty fast, but we all have to understand that it does take more time. I think that #2 ranking has really brought a false sense of expectations to this young program as we have fans complaining too much about coaching. GO BULLS!!!

Exactly. What USF has done is unprecedented. Our time will come.

Yeah, our time will come. The weird thing is that a lot of people are saying USF lost that game against Cincy, not Cincy winning that game. To me, that speaks volumes on how far USF has come. For people outside of our program to think that USF gave the #8 ranked team a hard time tells me that the game was not all a failure. What that game on Thursday night did was open up more eyes to the USF program which will help recruiting and perception in the long run. Two more years, and I feel that we can own this conference like Miami did back in the days. Although, the BIG EAST is a lot more competitive than what Miami had to deal with. GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Exactly. What USF has done is unprecedented. Our time will come.

I agree to an extent.  We do need to be appreciative for how fast we've moved into the national spotlight.  However, that can’t be an excuse for mediocrity.  Even Fowler and Palmer commented on this during the game.  We can't fall back on the "13 year old program" excuse anymore.  We have had too much success to pull that excuse out after we fall on our face.  Fowler said we have just as much talent as Cincinnati and he is right.  This program needs to put it together and win a conference championship within the next couple of years.  Until then, we are nothing more than a mid-pack BE team who can occasionally knock off a ranked opponent.   

or

BucsBullsBolts or whatever the hell his ID handle is.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I am not on the fire CJL banwagon yet. That being said can you tell me what USF Football has ever done?

Ever Ranked at the end of the season in the AP or Coaches Poll? NO

Ever win a conference? NO

Ever finish second in a conference? NO

Yes we have some big wins, but what do we have to show for it? A Pizza trophy and a Magicjack trophy. BIG ******* DEAL

• Content Count:  667

I am not on the fire CJL banwagon yet. That being said can you tell me what USF Football has ever done?

Ever Ranked at the end of the season in the AP or Coaches Poll? NO

Ever win a conference? NO

Ever finish second in a conference? NO

Yes we have some big wins, but what do we have to show for it? A Pizza trophy and a Magicjack trophy. BIG ******* DEAL

EXACTLY.

and i find it ironic that everyone is saying, "hey guys relax, it takes time", when the team that won the conference last year and just beat us this past thursday joined the conference the SAME TIME WE DID.  were they playing football before us?  sure, but it was meaningless football.  much like UCONN (another Big East title holder that joined the same time we did).

so yea, it takes time, but i guess no one told that to Cincy and UConn, because while our fans were formulating excuses for us not winning the conference (lack of talent, newness of program), Cincy and UConn were too busy winning the darn thing on the field.  ::)

• Content Count:  4,879

how about being very grateful that we are not in UCF's shoes and enjoy it.  We are still playing meaningful games

Archived