• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice post by UCF fan in response to loss vs. Miami

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

If you polled 100 knowledgeable and sober UCF fans at least 80 of us would trade the success you've had for whatever you want to call this (O'Leary's Tenure) in a heartbeat. 

I assume you're not talking about this kid....

ucf_fail.jpg?t=1255957442

:D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I am not on the fire CJL banwagon yet. That being said can you tell me what USF Football has ever done?

Ever Ranked at the end of the season in the AP or Coaches Poll? NO

Ever win a conference? NO

Ever finish second in a conference? NO

Yes we have some big wins, but what do we have to show for it? A Pizza trophy and a Magicjack trophy. BIG ******* DEAL

You guys with these types of posts are insane. How long did UF play before they had the ranked seasons, conference titles, 2nd in conf, and regular post season bowl games?    It only began in the 1980's for them after 70+ years of playing football.  Only in the 1990's did it happen and they were not under sanctions.  So get off of your high horse and use your brains for a minute to think this through. 

USF is 12 years old.  In 12 years, we have had only 1 coach, and ONLY 2 losing seasons (under .500).  We have had four straight bowl games (and won two of them).  We moved from 1AA to 1A, to a conference affiliation (CUSA) to a BCS Conference (BE) in that same timeframe.  We are so good, our fans are upset now if when we are winning more than 75% of our games.  Sometimes after only 1 loss for the season (ie see Cinci last week).  We have beaten top 25 teams each year for the past 5.  We have been ranked for some portion of the past 3 seasons.  We have put a number of players into the NFL, including some first round picks in recent years - to the point it is expected.  We had a player go higher than FSU in last year's draft.  We just had our first top 25 recruiting class this past spring. 

For those of you who beat on CJL, you are entitled to your opinion.  But if you really thought it through, you'd realize how shallow that opinion is. 

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

If you polled 100 knowledgeable and sober UCF fans at least 80 of us would trade the success you've had for whatever you want to call this (O'Leary's Tenure) in a heartbeat. 

We're now 5-1 when playing top 25 teams and it looks like we'll have the chance to add 3 wins to that resume with Pitt, West Virginia, and Miami all likely ranked when we play them.  UCF is 0fer against top 25 teams.  I'm not trying to dog UCF on that, but it is an example of how far USF has come and how fast it has happened.  UCF has been playing for 18 years more than we have and moved to I-A a year before we started up.

I understand the frustrations of other USF fans, but I think some of our frustrations come with recruiting.  Some of these guys don't get snagged by Miami and UF because they're not as disciplined, but as our recruiting class climbs I think we get more disciplined players.

And one major culprit in the Cincy last was Murphy, a guy who really is better suited at safety and who was overmatched in coverage.  The things you can nail him on are the clip and the personal foul plus the dropped pick six.  Even if he still gets the pass interference penalities, you get that pick six and eliminate the boneheaded calls and the game is different.  But that's football.

As for UCF, I'd agree with anyone up there that says they need to get rid of O'Leary.  Maybe UCF should see if Charlie Strong wants to move just a little south.   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

there were several conference games featuring a top ten versus a top 25 team this weekend. Did their fans get so upset they wanted to fire the coach for losing a game they were underdogs in? maybe just a few tards like we have who kneejerk at the first sight of something less than winning.

just consider the source-- we have a legion of naysayers and whiners on this board who never miss a chance to complain that our program is not doing as well as it could. Ever step we move forward, these same fools tell us we are still way behind other programs. You can't win this argument short of winning a NC and getting a Heisman winner.

it's pathetic to constantly demand that the team win something as if they are not trying hard enough to get there. It is just pure nonsense to think any of our players or coaches or administration are not all trying their best to make the most of any opportunities.

this is why we play the games--- for anyone to feel like they have not been lucky to even be where we are now-- and enjoy it-- is pretty **** disgusting. We've got nutjobs like smazza comparing us all the time to USC-- and thinking he is totally always right about everything and barely acknowledging when he is flat out wrong. But oh boy--- the Bulls lose and here they come back to show us all how smart they are about how we should run the program. it's very annoying after a while. Screw the ignore button-- can we get a troll stamp?

Archived